Monday, February 18, 2008

randomness for sure...

just updated the food blog with some weekend eats.

i'm sitting here not getting excited about going to master's alone in the morning. 5am seems much less threatening when james makes coffee and pretty much puts a leash on me and leads me in the direction of the pool. but tomorrow he is up in irvine doing some work stuff so i am going to have to buck up. i have a weird thing i do where i put my swim suit and warm clothes and uggs right next to the bed before i go to sleep and in the a.m. i get dressed under the covers and sit there all dressed for a minute or two. it makes me feel less cold to not have to touch air before i am fully clothed. james doesn't get to see how funny it looks to accomplish this all under the covers because this is usually the point at which he is "taking care of business". when i hear a flush, i know its time to start getting my ass in gear.
i DO have a cute new TYR bikini with skulls on it and just bought some new pool toys including a pretty pink pull buoy, mini fins, and some paddles i don't know how to use...so at least i have the "new gear" prospect motivating me for tomorrow. don't you love that? isn't that first trot in the new pair of running shoes always the best? or when you have a hot new outfit for a race? do only girls get excited about this or do boys feel this way about new workout clothes too?

and here is the latest DeSoto ad in Inside Triathlon (march, p.34)....look...james is there! ...and no, it was not photoshopped. that is real jumping....

9 comments:

jameson said...

yes.. you are random and "halfway" crazy... but i'm into it.

Benson said...

Oh yeah, i heart new gear/toys and the motivation osmosis. We boys just hope it makes us faster and don't really care about the fasion statement.
But,
deep inside,
we think it.

Paul said...

Some serious vertical leap there! Cool picture.

Rachel said...

Wow! Cool pic. I have a hard time making 6 am masters! 5 am? I actually crank the heat, turn the coffee pot on, and then do child's pose under the down comforter on my bed until I am warm enough to get up.

I love new running clothes!

triguyjt said...

has he landed yet????

from that jump...

sure his names not kobe, or lebron

TRI-ROB said...

I'm constantly excited about my hot new outfits! Uhhh... oooops... did I just type that out loud? CRAP!

Jim said...

"Keeping it in the family". Is there something his mother and I need to know? HA HA Mr. W

Jim said...

"Keeping it in the family". Is there something his mother and I need to know? HA HA

Matt said...

Beth,
nice xc uni; my kid and I caught the end of the ladies' race. Looked like a tough go, but what a nice little Saturday TT for you. And amazing weather even though you were under it.