Tuesday, March 11, 2008

abs 'n arms

training will be a bit off with a trip to san francisco tomorrow (presenting on autism interventions at another conference. i'm kind of a big deal). but i'm squeezing in a ride in the morn before my flight. yesterday i tortured myself on the trainer and today i made it to masters swim and track practice and even threw in a little abs 'n arms sesh(that's girl code for upper body and core. i love using words/phrases that guys would never use-especially if there is an apostrophe before the work begins).
...so a little rest due to my trip won't be bad because i'm ready for an easy day or two and planning on running a st. patrick's day 10k on saturday! (that is, if i sign up before it sells out. Last year, i ran a 10k in 40:27 (my first race ever). i haven't run a (road) 10k since then so i'm interested to see.

right now i'm watching 7 people on The Biggest Loser pedal bikes on trainers attached to long, en strips of large lightbulbs...the most watts/KJ/bulbs lit wins! hey, i want a 20-foot lightbulb strip in my trainer room! Actually, i want two so i can beat whoever is next to me. seriously, when i think about all the wasted energy we emit in james' garage, it makes me think there must be some way to capture it and use it....hmmmm....i can just picture "beth, get down there and start pedaling, the refrigerator is out!"

other than that, here is one of my very favorite funny blogs.."stuff white people like"...this entry is genuis....too true..

and i posted some ride snacks and recipes on vo2maxxed..

good night! (note to self: blogging at 10:15 is probably not good for the sleep problem)

5 comments:

GZ said...

Good luck in that race this weekend - can't wait to see a race report.

moonpie said...

That blog is freaking hilarious! This one is also SO true -> http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/02/10/61-bicycles/

I'm sure you'll rock the 10K!

emkruse said...

note to Beth: not sleeping at 10:15 is good for the blog problem

Rachel said...

Good luck on your presentation! That's awesome. I'm sure you'll do great at the 10K this weekend.

I too had really fun seeing you in the Gaslamp a few weeks ago. Would love to hang out more! I won't be at the camping trip, unfortunately--interferes with IMAZ training.

TRI-ROB said...

Like you even need to pedal ANYTHING for you to emit MAD amounts of energy! Geesh... I exhausted just reading through your blog!

HEY! I got the new DeSoto cataloge! I opened it and was like, "HEY! I know that chick... uh... kinda... sorta... ok, not at all." My wife just rolled her eyes and went back to what she was doing. Hilarity!

Have FUN and good luck with the big-wig presentation!

Breathe...