from the blog world, i have learned so much and gotten so much inspiration in the six months or so i've been doing this:
- i've learned how to take off my wetsuit (thanks, benson!), i've learned that you can win on the run and that becoming a mom will not end your tri career if you don't let it(kerrie, rachel, bree),
- i've learned that i need to shut up and ride (just about every hard core blogger girl i know is a full on CHAMP on the bike (shannon, nikee, and all the rest of you who could drop me in a heartbeat),
- i've learned that that you can probably learn more sciency-real-world teachable-moment stuff from blogging than a real-life coach (lucho, james, GZ, matt- funny how this one is all dudes),
- i've learned to have fun and aren't we all here for a good time? (jt, rachel, denner, flatman, sixtwothree),
- i've learned what it's like to be a first year pro (kind of like puberty? just kidding :) ) (mac, markyv, bree),
- i've learned that some people are just awesome in general and i just might like them more than my "real life" friends if i ever met them (moonpie and benson)
- i've learned by writing this that i read way too many blogs and i should probably get a life and i also probably forgot a bunch of people who have helped me in one way or another...
- and i've learned that when all else fails, make that hill your bitch and BREATHE (robb-ie-yo!)!!!!
so, happy 4th!
and one just for TJ (may he rest in peace)
the splits and office times are up from San Diego International:
official time: 1:53:33
1st AG, 6th female overall
swim: 10th AG out of 57 (14:21 - 1:26/100meters-this MUST have been short because that is way faster than i am)
bike: 8th AG (54:27- 20mph- i'll take it! )
run: 1st AG (41:28 fastest in AG by more than a minute, but i think with practice i can do a little better)
i'm so glad i did this race going into vineman 70.3....but i still have NO idea what i'm getting myself into. whatever it is, i'm sure it will be fun because minutes after its over i'll be sipping wine and chilling with james and my parent in sonoma, ca....what's better?
ok, not my best look, but look, ma! i gots a plaque!