Thursday, August 21, 2008

i love blayne i mean james...













james is going to kill me for posting this picture. i dragged him to a "lifting class" filled with old ladies. i assured him there would be no dancing. i only lied a little. you see, they intersperse 3-minute supersets with barbells and dumbells with 3-minute "energy moves"....sometimes the energy moves approach dance-y, but its not too bad and you always have weights. anyway, i spent most of the class nearly peeing my pants watching james (you did great, babe!)...and most of the next two days with residual laughing over how sore he was...the old ladies put the HURT on him! the class is no joke and it is very effective. seriously. he just told me "i am more sore than i am after a race..." unfortunately i think this means he will not go with me again.



other than that little piece of amusement, this was my last week of working out by "feel" and whenever i felt like it. next week starts MARATHON TRAINING....and STRUCTURE....and i'm ready! this deserves its own post so that'll be next. my hippie dippie training is also over becuase itsback to work! i love my job as a school psychologist and the school i'm working at is really great. i just don't understand how i am supposed to train in the morning when i have to BE at work at 7:30 and its 35 minutes away...masters swimming doesn't even end until 7:15 and my desire to bike commute is in direct conflict with my desire to not sit in a pool of my own sweat for 8 hours since there is no shower or locker room. well, i'll "make it work" as Tim Gunn from Project Runway (best show ever) would say.



Speaking of Project Runway....did anyone else notice that my boyfriend might have been separated from precocious designer and tanning addict, Blayne Walsh from the show?...AND they have the same last name...i sit just me? maybe they don't look alike, they just both wear neon tanktops and have prettier hair than me. whatever.
see!: blyane blayne james blayne.....

17 comments:

Paul said...

OMG. Poor guy. James is waay cooler. Altho they do look alike. OK you cut the PBR out of his last pic so he'd look less cool. Not fair. :)

Stephanie said...

THIS is why you are perfect for him!!! Two weeks ago as I was watching I thought to myself, if James was gay, he would be Blayne! Too funny and thanks for putting up with him. Can't wait to see the 'upgrades' in the condo.

stronger said...

cousins at least??

jameson said...

you're luck I'm actually the one with a sense of humor.

thanks for looking out Paul! I indeed did a 24oz can of PBR in my left hand... keeping it real!

Matt said...

Hilarious. I think JW prefers the Steve Nash separated at birth. Nice to see you focusing on the run. It's definitely more time efficient with huge pay-off and, after-all, you have skills.

I wish I could do Vegas . . . only for the after party!

Ryan Denner said...

oh that is so not fair! comparing an xterra machine to a project runway show? oh my....

Jim said...

Let's see: Conrad says James almost got "chicked" at Snow Valley; James attends a workout class and gets his butt worked by "old ladies"; now his girlfriend compares him to Blayne on Project Runway. What's up wid dat ???

Poor guy can't catch a break !

I will admit, it was funny.....

Jim said...

Oh, by the way. I can guarantee that they were not separated at birth. James is definitely one of a kind..... (HaHa)

rr said...

I second that James is cooler. But they do look alike! And SO funny about the class. I talked Ramsey into a total old lady yoga class once. The first move was crossing your elbows in front of you and his didn't come within 6" of touching. He left shortly thereafter.. way to stick it out JW!!

j.p. patrick said...

Thanks Beth!! I laughed so hard this morning, I won't have to do ab work for a week!!

kerrie said...

that is hawt! but isn't lycra a requirement for those classes? glad to see you are keeping busy.
that is frightening how identical those two look - i hope you have never got them mixed up and called J. by his twin's name.

Christine said...

OMG thats hilarious! when is the marathon? I'm supposedly doing my second in Jan...however the most I've ran in the last month is 4 miles. Wow! I got some work to do!

Jessi said...

Wow. I have to de-lurk to say that they are pretty much long-lost brothers!

runninggunner said...

Marathon training? Crazy.

I switch over in 3 weeks myself.

triguyjt said...

your gonna smack me for this, but the bride and i watch the show and i mentioned that james and blayne were sep at birth....hilarious....

my bride taught aerobic dancing for a long time and i remember going to her classes and withstanding the taunts from her and the ladies in the class as i was two left feet for one hour. so go easy on my boy james...cool that he did it...

Mark said...

Which marathon you doing?

Oh, and James is much hawter than that dude...fo sho!

FatDad said...

Team Fast-licious!
No lie, first episode I thought 'I wonder if they're related!'
Could be worse, he could look like Suede!!!!