Wednesday, September 17, 2008

oh, it's ON!!!!

i was going to wait to bring on the HEAT until a few weeks before the vegas marathon,
but i have been CHALLENGED by a Canadian of all people!!!!

click HERE right now to see what I mean!!! ok, if you didn't click it, you HAVE TO!!! THIS GUY thinks he can take me??? WHAT EVER! I'll show him where he can shove his maple leaf!!! I am going to OWN him. So what if he's done a bunch of marathon's? it's OVER, old man!

well, Fat Dad, i think we're all going to have to come up with a friendly wager...a straight up bet? maybe bet on finishing times? any creative ideas? i know a BUNCH of people doing this race now and i think it would be fun to get people in on it. not sure what the loser will have to do, but it might have something to do with Celine Dion...it IS vegas after all.

other than that...all quiet here on the western front....nothing new becuase i'm too busy TRAINING MY FACE OFF, FATDAD!!!

no, but for real...over 50 miles running in each of the past two weeks while fitting in the bike and swim...sunday's long run was a 19miler on trails with the last 8 miles all under 7:30....and ran a 12 miler at the track last night....i think i bonked on the way home. it was pretty cool. i came in and started talking like a crazy old lady or one of our "friends" on the street corner pointing at invisible things....james thinks "runner" beth is a wack-job...

20 comments:

FatDad said...

hahaha...yeah, I'm down with some sort of wager. Nice post, BTW, but let's remember who started this friendly rivalry!
Sounds like the training is going really well. Now that your volume is getting up there I could be in trouble. Keep it up.

kerrie said...

lol...yeah, i like it. nothing like a little friendly wager to get things going. you could each decide on a goal time and do shots for every minute over/under that you run. or you could make the loser dress up like celine dion. oh, the possibilities are endless....

Mary said...

Beth - my money is on you! Fatdad...you are in big TROUBLE!

Mark said...

Fatdad just awakened the sleeping giant...woops...now he must pay the price.

This is moonpie, and I formally endorse Beth for the win!

Kona Shelley said...

OMG..that is so hilarious..those Canuckies are the worst..:-))
Good luck!!!!!

Flatman said...

Hilarious...kick his ass, Beth! ;)

j.p. patrick said...

12 miles on the track??!! You're probably acting a bit off because your dizzy from all the laps!! ....and somewhere Lucho is fiendishly laughing.....

Ryan Denner said...

12 miles at the track? good lord - no wonder you bonked!

Jim said...

Two things: First - You need to put a survey (like the Tupperware question) on your blog so that we all out here in cyberland can vote and register our pick. After all, it is Vegas and we need to set the odds for the sports books. Second - For the wager, if FatDad looses, he dresses up like Celine Dion, and if if by some small chance you should loose, you dress like Elvis. Again, to keep with the Vegas theme.

Mission FatDad is underway :)

Go get him girl!!!!

triguyjt said...

you get vertigo from running all those laps??? LOL

kick the hefty one's arse beth....!!!

Lucho said...

Kerrie's idea is the BEST! The shot one... I'm already planning on dressing up like Celine.

beth said...

i think ms. wlad's shot idea is a good one too...
lucho's celine outfit is going to be seriously awesome...
and i am NOT dressing up as a man (elvis? heck no!). i already do triathlon- tyring to salvage my feminine side anyway i can.

by the way.. all 12 miles weren't at the track. only about the middle 6...

Benson said...

This is going to be fun.
Loser pays the entry fee.

jameson said...

You know my money is on you eventhough you know how I feel about canada/canadians!

What you guys decide for the bet I will be the enforcer... I am running the after party... everybody better be prepared!

BreeWee said...

LOVE it! This is spectacular, nothing like a little friendly bet to get the speed blazing! My $$$ is on you ALL the way, never underestimate BETH!

Your training is going SUPER and I am so envious of 2 weeks of 50 miles! I have never ran 50 miles in a single week and REALLY want to! COOL Beth, totally cool!

Happy training, no injuries, and speedy vibes sent your way!

SixTwoThree said...

Loser pays for masseuse, spa treatment, and margaritas! (Can you tell, I'm putting my money on you?) This is too funny!

Maggs said...

12 miles on the track? I think Runner beth is crazy :-) Good luck in Vegas. It's a fun race. My money is on you.

RunFar Arizona said...

I finally got some news from Las Vegas about the marathon. I received an email from Rory Reid who is the Clark County Commission Chairman. Here is what he said about the status of the Las Vegas Marathon:

"Bryan:
I am still working to ensure the race is run in a way that protects the interests of both participants and the general public. Devine has yet to post a bond or provide other security. I appreciate your patience as I try to resolve these issues.
Rory Reid"

So, while it doesn't look good, it also doesn't look bad.

Sarah said...

My money is on you, Beth. But omg that was HILARIOUS!!! Go Beth, GO!

Roo said...

Ok- now I know we need to run together sometime. I love the track. Of course, we'd probably both bonk and then there'd be two crazy ladies, but hey, two is better than one.