this past weekend, i found out what normal people do on sundays...see, i twisted my ankle on friday and it was kind of swollen and things and a full day off was "recommended". by recommended i mean mandated while i cried (yes, really) about "wasting" a sunday . i tried to negotiate a swim and a ride, just no running, but lucho was not having my bs. he told me and my crazy face to chill out. i swear, james just wanted me to get a coach because of these kinds of days becuase it was officially out of his hands...he LOVED it that i had to listen to someone else and shut up. and it's not even that i mind days off- i welcome them during the week, its just hard when the week is SO PACKED to have empty space that could go to such good use!
i even asked lucho, "what do normal people without kids do on sunday?"
he said, "sleep, drink a beer, watch football, watch movies.."
hmmm....i did sleep in (until 7:25! that was HUGE!). but, i don't really do movies (too much ADD and i have some weird movie narcolepsy), and football=not my thing. in our house, i only really like "watching football" because james and i have a deal that when he watches sports, i get computer amnesty! i love computer time! like right now, the chargers are on Monday Night Football, so i can blog and email and geek out all night long without james giving me a hard time and telling me i like my computer more than i like him...and it's not that i do, its just relaxing to me and i don't like much about tv so its my mindless activity of choice.
like tonight. i got back from work about 5. got on the trainer at 5:30....did a tough 90 minute workout w/ plenty o' intervals, took a shower, made dinner and now i'm sitting at 8pm for the first time not working or working out since 5am (masters swimming this morning and i ventured into new lane territory and swam with some faster kids!)...and bedtime is in one hour...
and if i may continue my digression (i MAY! it is my blog after all)...here is the trainer workout i just did. my awesome boyfriend put it together just for me with my upcoming race this weekend in mind and wrote it on the whiteboard above the tv/trainer set up for me all ready to go! i LOVE him.
okay, back to sunday...digression OVER! so...on sunday, I had to fill it up with all the empty space...with ankle "friendly" activities....here's how i did it:
- got a manicure/pedicure (which is not as fun when you have to listen to the vietnamese ladies talk (oh, i KNOW you were talking about me...the pointing gave it away) about how bad your toenails are (look, a black one AND a missing one!)
- did 3 loads of laundry and ACTUALLY FOLDED IT ON THE SAME DAY (that's a first i think. i am minorly domestically disabled)...
- caught up on my journal reading for work/school
- did a little core and arms session in our gym dungeon (i sat on the ball when i did the arm stuff...really!)
- got the car washed...so pretty and shiny! and the wash guys found 2 pairs of my "missing" sunglasses!
- made 3 batches of granola for james while he was at his race (where he did awesome!)- his favorite pre-ride snack....two new flavors...the best one was chocolate cranberry almond one made with Navitas Natural cocoa powder (some stuff james bought after reading his man crush simon whitfield's blog and he had lots of Navitas stuff)...for this granola, i also used pureed cottage cheese as the "liquid base" with just a little honey...this added lots of protein and reduced fat and sugar as most recipes go for some kind of brown sugar/veggie oil/honey/maple syrup combo...next time i want to add a little molasses. i think that would be good.
- i also went grocery shopping and made a new ceviche recipe....pretty much mexican style ceviche with shrimp and red snapper....this stuff is good - we eat it in butter lettuce cups..
so after my long day of good work for the J&B team, james came home from his race pleasantly surprised...and then quickly said to ignore him when i wake up in the middle of the night and he is twisting my other ankle...