Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank you, Veterans!

Those who have worked hard to protect our country earned me one fantastic fall day off complete with a chatty girly coffee ride with bethany. the plan was to sleep until SEVEN! (gasp!) well, i made it until about 6, and out the door before 6:30 for a short run. (this week i am "unloading fatigue"- better know as running less- wahoo!) the fatigue is being unloaded because i need to make room to pile on the speed this weekend for the Silver Strand Half Marathon. my 2nd half and last chance to break 1:30 in 2008. i'm ready to go!

anwhoo....i got home from my morning yogg and headed out the door with the skinfit twins en route to meet bethany. (james' coach trevor has been in town and i have been the TOTAL 3rd wheel. ) here are some photos of the happy couple:

at a mountainbike race in temecula (i ran 12 mountainous miles while they raced)



riding on the coast. just like CHIPS. here they sported their yin and yang look:


well, as i said, the boys chauffered me (in their draft) down to solana beach to meet bethany for a cruisey ride.

for a girl who had EIGHTEEN 3-inch metal screws placed in her spine about 4 months ago, she is doing darn great. she was apologizing when we were going slow up the hills, but my legs were burning and i was secretly thankful she is still "recovering' . talk about a speedy recovery.

mid ride lattes in full effect:

(by the way, check out these screws! gnarly. she is literally made of steel)



as for my healthy eating mission...its going just okay. could be better for sure. but you should see what i'm up against. THIS is sitting on my couch every night with wine, the nut canister (below) and an open bag of kettle chips:



alright, i need to go unload some fatigue and get my sleep on....speaking of, check out my running coach's blog on the importance of rest.

18 comments:

kerrie said...

hmmmmm. i'm mildly concerned about james' matching outfits...that is too funny. he may be part girl.

as for the breaking 1:30 thing...um yeah. you better. don't make me have to come chase you down.

Mark said...

You're welcome, and ROCK that half-mary beeyotch!

Jim said...

In the yin and yang pic, if they had switched helmets, it would have been perfect, and would really be worried:)

Matt said...

For the record I'm calling 1:28 (about 6:43 mile avg.). The weather will be perfect, the course is SUPER flat/fast and you're totally dialed in. That part of you that runs hilly Temecula in heat will CRUSH silver strand. Good luck!

GZ said...

That chick is a cylon!

Unloading fatigue ...Absorb and adapt, absorb and adapt. Good stuff.

Trevor Glavin said...

Hardly a third wheel...that would be me this week since you have been so kind to let me crash at your place. Yeah, we match but we are just laying the foundation for Skinfit USA domination =)You know you want to join the crew!

FatDad said...

On yeah, 'unloading fatigue'...that was me last week but now it seems so long ago! Enjoy it.
Jogging, or is it Yogging? It's wild, apparently you just run...
Stay classy San Diego and smash that half.

Sarah said...

Girl you CRACK ME UP!!!!! I'm always in a silly mood after reading your blog. The 'skinfit twins' - ha! I loved the CHIPS picture, it was right on.

That picture of Bethany is NUTS - that's amazing to me that she's already out riding. WOW.

Anyway, you get on with your bad self unloading all that fatigue so your little strong legs can GOOOOO GO GO GO GO!!

I am SO excited for you and I know you are going to KILL IT. Sub 1:30 here you come! :)

(p.s. Maggs and I are planning a winter weight challenge...to give us all some motivation...)

triguyjt said...

I'm gonna go unload a snack!!!

ahh your the jealous one, aren't you haha!!

Mer! said...

It was really fun seeing you guys this weekend even for a brief time, you're super generous and THANK YOU again..

Now on to more important things..you will ROCK this weekend, your rainy weather this past weekend means your race should be SUNNY and no heat....and please, for the love of god, please don't run a 1:30 even....I don't think you or I can take any more "on the nose" finishes =0 hehe.....

You'll do GRRRRREAT! =0

Mary said...

Excited your running near my hood this weekend. I'm planning to come watch...and cheer you on!

BreeWee said...

Oh my gosh, I could not imagine having James "skinny as you call him" chowing and wine chugging and ever have a diet in tack!

I just got totally excited and nervous for you, half marathon here you come! 1:30 is in the bag Beth... you have done the work...

Go get it! watch out for the big swim chicks too...

Maggs said...

This post cracked me up. The boys are so cute together. Good luck this weekend, you're gonna kill it!

Stephanie said...

I have been saying for the past two years that Trevor is his 'man crush'. Those pictures are great!

Have a great race, wish I could be there but this is the last weekend I have to work until January, woohoo!

Benson said...

Holy Ponch and John!
Very funny.

Good on ya and your plan to smack down on that half mary. you'll rock sistah.

D said...

1:30? Walk in the park. Oh no, not for me lol. Kick some ass out there lady.
And this healthy thing is for suckers. Chocolate cake for everyone!

j.p. patrick said...

Sub 1:30 is still your goal? SANDBAGGER!!! I call 1:26 ish!

Sue said...

Ok, we have a bet on your time here in our little household..Chloe also races for the Jr X-country tomorrow with a bet going on that she takes 1st...or 19 seconds better per mile than last year..if she gets out with the lead tall girls. I am betting on 1.25 for your time with a good bottle of red sent your way to share with James (only if he is really good to you)or you can have a gift for frozen yogurt...your choice...