Wednesday, February 4, 2009

a plan for 2009

2009 race schedule just a draft...i am really excited about this year!
my big "training plan" until Honu 70.3 (if i can afford a plane ticket!) is just to stay as consistent as possible while balancing work and school. i will (cross your fingers!) graduate with my Ed.S. (4 years of grad school and only a faux wanna-be PhD!)) on may 24th. so honu will be a good celelbration. so here is the rough idea...

3/1 Gran Fondo Century Ride (not a race, but my first century)
3/29 Super Seal International Triathlon (SD Tri Series)
4/26 La Jolla Half Marathon

5/17 Encinitas Triathlon (maybe)
5/30 Honu 70.3 (A)

6/28 San Diego International Triathlon (SD Tri Series)

7/4 Scripps Ranch Old Pros 10k
7/11 Xterra Sugarbush Xduro 21k
minor possibility of vineman 70.3 on 7/19
7/26 Solana Beach Triathlon (SD Tri Series)

8/15 Pikes Peak Ascent (or Marathon? probably ascent.)
8/23 Imperial Beach Triathlon (SD Tri Series)

9/27 Orange County International Triathlon

10/4 Mission Bay Triathlon (SD Tri Series)
10/11 Chicago Marathon (sub 3 or bust!) or Kona Ironman World Championships (A Race) (go big or go home with the goals, right?)

there will also be some local club races and things thrown in. yes, its a lot of races, but only 2 A races and maybe 3-4 i will do any type of taper for. i just love to race and i'm lucky with my breakway training team to be able to do so.

ooooh. and james posted one of his latest awesome recipes on Vo2Maxxed...blue corn encrusted mahi mahi with healthy yogurt tartar sauce. deeeeeeeeeeeeelish.

let me know if you have any thoughts on these races, training for them, if you'll be there...thoughts...any thoughts are welcome!

20 comments:

kerrie said...

now i know where to find you and when you are coming out to CO! i need to work on figuring out wtf i am doing this year...still....
the la jolla half sounds like it falls around a good time - hmmmmm....

and yes, smart thinking ahead to october cause you are going to qualify at honu!

MJ said...

Packed calendar... lots of awesome events in there. Has all the makings of an epic year...

Vincent said...

Thats a pretty intense race calendar, lucky your season is so long!

Best of luck!

Sue said...

Coool...so you know which one I want you to gear up for...hmmm things to think about..we have a big 2 bed 2 bath condo on a certain street called.....

Luke said...

get your butt to kona...that would be killer!! shoot for the stars...you could do it!

Jaakko Hiekkaranta said...

yeah!

KONA!

girls (and most men!):

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Fe-lady said...

Cool that Pike's is on your list! I completed it WAAAYYY back in the early 80s...probably before you were born! A great experience-one you will never forget!
I guess it's difficult to get into, so find out when registration opens up -kinda like getting into an IM race now!
Great season...wish I was 20-something once more!

GZ said...

Registration information re: Pikes ... http://www.pikespeakmarathon.org/entry.htm

Given you have run a marathon under 3:45, you can do the PPM. I think this is different for JW - as he has not done a marathon.

That said, I am pretty sure that if you want to do anything of quality post 8/15 weekend, the marathon is not a good idea. If leaves most humans wrecked for a good month. Interestingly, the Ascent is not like that ... going up hurts but you are usually fine a couple of days later.

Rocking schedule, particularly in light of the school load you are carrying!

Jill Costantino said...

Wow, you sure do have a lot of races and in some really great places!

What is an "A" race?

Ryan Denner said...

no wildflower? you are missing out my friend!

triguyjt said...

I am really curoious to see what you could do on an Half iron...I think when all is said and done you will surprise yourself with how well you can do....

good luck beth

X-Country2 said...

Sound like you have quite the 2009 planned! Good luck with everything.

Oh, and I totally bought all the supplies for your tortilla soup this weekend. Can't wait!

D said...

You're gonna smoke Honu, if you go. No doubt you've got a ticket to Kona (or at the very least Clearwater)!

Nikee Pomper said...

I agree with Denner, you are missing out on the Wildflower fun (and major sh*t talking)!

Keep up the hard work. Kona is within your reach!

See you at Gran Fondo! It's going to be a blast

Wet Hair, Warm Heart said...

I made your soup last weekend and it was awesome! Can't wait to make the new recipe.....Thanks you guys!

Benson said...

That is a busy schedule. You'll have fun with all those races.
Really nail those A races and surprise us all.
Rock On
Good luck

SixTwoThree said...

There's an Inspiration Award for you on my blog. Think I posted it Wed. Do with what you will but you definitely inspire woman!

Frayed Laces said...

Hey girlie! I'll be at Honu too, although you will probably be showered already by the time I cross the finish. It's my first one, so I have no idea how fast I'll finish.

Chr15 Tree said...

Great looking race calander! Best wishes.

That recipe makes my mouth water... I might try that!

Sarah said...

A) What a fantastic list.
B) I think you're going to do great and you've set some really big but still reasonable goals. The only way to go!
C) If you DO end up doing Vineman, you can DEF stay with us if you want and I will help James with sherpa-ing if you want; but at the very least WE HAVE TO GET TOGETHER IF YOU COME UP HERE
D) GO KONA GO KONA GO KONA!!

Beth, I am so excited for this year for you! I think you're going to ROCK IT!