Friday, February 27, 2009

put on your dress and run


last week was my lululemon ambassador photo shoot. the shoot was mostly to get a shot for a picture that will hang inside the store. i got to choose ANYTHING i wanted in the store for my shoot, and guess what's the first thing i choose? THE RUNNING DRESS...yeah, i know there is this whole understanding that women who wear running skirts are slow and something about a running skirt is just not right. well, i have actually never worn a running skirt (but would just never saw one i had to have), but i saw this dress and fell in love with it and thought that i want to run around in it and show up at track in it and make people wonder, is she serious?" (the answer is: VERY.) and okay, maybe it was designed as a yoga tunic, but having run in it several times (you just wear shorts or tights under) i can tell you that this IS a running dress.


i also got to outfit change into my yellow top and speed shorts. okay, so lululemon has a HUGE running line, but i seem to pick up all the things orignially "designed" for yoga or dance (the yellow is a dance/yoga top i think) and i love them becuase they don't LOOK like running clothes, but they totally function like them.) .......a few more gratuitous shots (but, hey, this blog is all about my life as i never would have imagined it even 2 years ago...so the memories are memories, even if they are a little (lot) self-invovled/induglent)

and a shot with super kate, the photographer and my buddy kirsten, who along with cristina was stylist extraordinaire (better known as the people who told me how to run so as to not look like a stump and reminded me endlessly how not close my eyes and be all awkward in the face. )


there was actually a third outfit (bright blue top with DENIM hot shorts...but you are spared those photos-no joke, kate dropped the memory card down a grate in the street. whoopsees. it was totally my fault becuase she was getting the keys out becuase i had a diva moment and wanted some lipgloss from the car and out fell the card- never to be seen again.
i can't wait to see which shot they choose!
on tap for the weekend...james has his first race of the year- GO JAMES!, we ordered our save-the-dates for the wedding (so exciting, i know)- it's officially december 30th, 2009, and i'm doing my VERY first century ride. the furthest i have ridden is 85 miles and that was a year ago. today i did a long run (as two runs- a morning interval sessionon the treadmill and an evening hilly/hell-y trail run with james) so that i can take it a little easier tomorrow with a swim and mellow ride before the big 100... can't wait!










17 comments:

Jaakko Hiekkaranta said...

quite amazingly professional photos! congrats on those and have great fun in the century!

Sherry said...

Those photos are gorgeous, Beth! That yellow tunic looks AMAZING on you!

I don't think I ever told you that I finally got a pair of the LuLu Speed G shorts and yes, I LOVE them... and get lots of compliments on them. Thank you for your advice. :o)

Congrats on setting the date and have fun on your century ride! I'm doing my longest ride ever this weekend as well... but it's just a 60-miler.

runninggunner said...

Cool Photo's. Looks like it was fun.

FatDad said...

Cool photos! That's rad that you've had a chance to do that.
As for the running dress, two things:
1) I've never heard anyone slam a female tennis player for competing in a dress. Why would a female runner be any different? Bring it in the dress and hand out some woman's liber-asswhipping.
2)Running clothes that don't look like running clothes rule. If they ever made a line that was a cross between athletics and rock n' roll, I'd never buy anything else.
Have fun on that century! I'll be busy photo-shopping a fro-yo cone into one of those photos for 'realism'!

LoveOfShoes said...

Great pics, and congrats on setting a date!

RR said...

Love the photos. I am addicted to lululemon too and may have to just try this running dress out!

X-Country2 said...

Great pictures all around. Love the yellow top.

PS-I made your tortilla soup last week. YUM!

GZ said...

Hey - a date! Awesome. Congrats. We need some sort of blogowedding event for all of us lurkers blogomaniacs. Congrats again!

GoBigGreen said...

Cool Picture..you look like a gazelle:)
And good luck on the hundo. You will do fine if you eat/drink/gel right!

Tawnee said...

Awesome pictures. You look like you're hauling ass in them!

Good luck on the century, I just did 70 miles for my first time and boy do I feel it! Also, congrats on setting a date... James is lucky to have a athlete/model fiance!

Zach said...

Nice shots! Have fun on the century and good luck to James this weekend!

Gloria said...

I love the dress...I am so happy to see a girl who can kick ass and look beautiful ..You look amazing..Gloria

Mike G said...

Very nice. A couple of those look like they're straight out of Runner's World, or should be.

Pedal Circles said...

Nice shots!! Congrats on the century. Looking forward to the write-up.

James was smoking out there!

Shan said...

FUN FUN - how did you like the century? Hope you had a blast! I'm loving the B&W lulu photo the best - I just love black and white photos. >Sigh< I've been doing so much yoga lately that I'm running out of yoga clothes (clean ones anyway) - wanna help a girl get some new digs??? ;) j/k...kinda! hehe

katie b said...

great pics Beth! congrats on all the great things coming your way - you've worked hard for them, so being self indulgent on your own blog is okay in my book :)

allyson said...

The photos are great. I just saw that there was a lululemon store in Philadelphia, right near where I used to work. Wish I realized it sooner, I just transferred to Trenton.