Saturday, March 14, 2009

details

so if you know me, i am NOT a details person. i am 100% a big picture person. i most always accomplish everything i set out to do, especially in the long term. but, people in my life are constantly amazed that i am able to function on a daily basis with so little attention the the smaller things that make life supposedly run like a machine. i'm the kind of person that if i lose my credit card or id, i don't even think about it. becuase it will turn up eventually. probably weeks later. james is the other kind of person. we're yin and yang in the details department.

details part one
so, speaking of details, i realized today that i hadn't updated my "read these blogs.." sidebar since maybe...ever. lucho's old blog was on there, rachel ross and GZ weren't even on it! and i was missing pretty much everyone else i read regularly. lots of people there weren't even posting anymore so i took them off (so if you start again, let me know!)
so today i cleaned house and added all my new friends (or most of them). but, as i suck on details, if i forgot anyone, let me know becuase its not you, its me :) and if you know i read your stuff, then i want to direct people over to read your stuff too because if I like it then it must be good :). so that's accomplished. maybe soon i'll post my 2009 race schedule since 2008 is over i think.


details part two

okay, so i mentioned in my last post that the course seemed long for my 15k race last weekend. turns out there is a big hubaloo and it WAS wrong by .2 (so it was 9.5miles). the turnaround was placed incorrectly, since it is a USATF certified course, there were some big problems and there is talk of changing the results. the whole message board discussion is actually pretty funny. ranges from those like me that are just relieved they are not actually slower, and those that actually seem a bit pissed about the oversight. so i AM a little faster. a little.


details part three.

james and i finally sacked up and got tickets for kona for me to race hawaii ironman 70.3 on may 30th.. I CANNOT WAIT! every day of training, i start to feel stronger biking and swimming. i am finally hanging on (by a very thin thread) to most group rides and even made it through 70 miles with james today without totally embarassing myself. i will be ready to race! i have a few races leading up to honu 70.3 but i made the total decision today to train through them and focus on honu. i'll be racing the Superseal Olympic distance triathlon (1st in the San Diego Triathlon Series) on Coronado Island on March 29th. then, Spring Sprint Triathlon on May 3 (my first ever triathlon last year!). can't wait to race with my breakaway teammates again! the summer triathlon series here is just so much fun. you go out and race then chill in the beer garden and hang with your friends in the sun for a few hours. not bad.


Running-wise i've got the la jolla half marathon on april 26 and possibly the Malibu Creek Xterra 14-miler as a training run on May 9th. so yeah, there's a lot going on, but i love to race and i can't wait. and this will all come together as great prep for honu. with my schedule so packed with work, racing, graduating, etc, i won't be able to race "fresh" but who really does anyway? my sunday races will all follow BIG bike days the day before. and that's fine. i'll give my best on that day and look towards Honu.
details part 4
james ran the st. patty's day 10k and he ran it darn fast in 33:58- check out his blog for a nice race report. david kloz took some awesome pictures.

this one makes me want to tell my little chicken to eat a cheeseburger.
he looks a little more supple in this one. and it looks like he's talking smack, "whatchoo got, brotha?" airborne as usual. how come us girls only ever get photos where it looks like we are elephant stomping and not moving?

23 comments:

Justin Mock said...

He's definitely improving...the basketball shorts are gone!

X-Country2 said...

Sounds like you have a pretty great spring/summer coming up. Kona will be here before you know it!

Jaakko Hiekkaranta said...

You're so totally going to rock it at Honu!

D said...

Not gonna lie... pretty glad I'm not doing Honu with you bringing out your A game for it. Phewf! Now age up already!

jameson said...

i would eat more cheeseburgers ( and pizza) if you would go with me!!!

runninggunner said...

Honu sounds awesome!! Sounds like your training is going well.

rr said...

LMAO - girlcrush, checking in!

James may indeed need a burger, but damn the man is wicked fast! Are you just marrying him for the wickedfast babies?

Phew on the course being long. But we already knew you were fast.

GZ said...

Cool - Kona, real race shorts, and some new links-blogs I need to check out.

Don't forget big picture to get in beer shape for post the Ascent.

Tawnee said...

Jealous of your hawaii trip/race! Hey, I know of an amazing wedding photographer (and a really great guy), since you guys are in the market... check him out: www.jnpstudios.com. He travels all over too.

Sue said...

Ok...so see what you create..now Chloe wants to but together a race schedule and a travel schedule for the year:) and her last comments prior to bed "I want to go to Hawaii twice this year"..hum

j.p. patrick said...

I know it was St Patricks Day... but you let your boy outta the house dressed like that?!! ;O Can't wait to track your Kona race!! Kill it!

Zuke said...

That is funny he does look like he's talking smack.

Shan said...

yogi runner - i like it!! :)

I wish I looked like I was doing more than a shuffle in my run-race pictures - those are great!!

Best of luck with Honu prep - I'd love to do that race some day...first need to save some pennies :)

SixTwoThree said...

Hey girl, thanks for adding me to the mix! I'm totally honored. BTW, that's probably how you get so much stuff done! You don't get too bogged down in the details, but I suspect you're way more organized than you're letting on :-)

Nikee Pomper said...

You said sack up, awesome. Speed Demon, you are going to crush it at Honu. I'm really excited to hear you dropped the $$ for a ticket. Better start saving up for Hawaii Plane Ticket #2!

Let's go climb some sweet hills soon!

allyson said...

Thats great you found out the course was longer.
A lot of races coming up, best of luck. you are going to do awesome in Kona.

Pedal Circles said...

Looking forward to continuing to read about the journey to Hawaii!

If you want to hit up Palomar hit me up. I think we're climbing it Saturday.

Ryan Denner said...

thanks for the hook up!

that pic of james saying "what up" is hilarious!

FatDad said...

HONU!!! That's sweet. Looking forward to hearing about the journey.
You should do a time lapse series of photos documenting the ever shortening hem length of James shorts.

BreeWee said...

Oh my gosh, a 33 something! You guys not only make one of the hottest couples but one of the fastest too, amazing!

Back to you, way to organize girl and EVEN cooler that you are booked to Hawaii 70.3, you will LOVE it, just bummed not to race it with you!

Jill Costantino said...

You are going to be AMAZING in Honu! Wow - hope you guys take some time to vacay and go cliff jumpin and surfing.
You are both wicked fast!!!

Sarah said...

Beth,

THANKS for the awesome link on your blogroll - I love your description of me. :) Cute!

I am SO SO SO SO excited for you at Honu. You're gonna be awesome and I can't wait to follow your training and training races over the next few months.

As for your chicken and his 33-something 10K...my mouth is still hanging open. WOW. Supa fast!!

Roo said...

I'm so happy to see I'm not the only one who sports a cool headband with my BSK outfit! Now I just need to find a green one......