Tuesday, March 31, 2009

not a race report & tribabe time.

okay, so this is not a race report-i'm waiting to see the splits from the race to see if my perception of how it went is anywhere close to actual. and a thoughtful race report takes a bit of brain power, of which i feel i have none at the moment.
besides, there are WAY more exciting things going on (see part 2 below)...

a bit of a rough one. it started with a 4,000yd masters swim (i usually stop right at 3300/one hour but had extra time today because of a training for work). i actually led my lane for almost 2000 which is tough on the brain and quite anxiety-inducing for me (am i too slow? am i too fast? do they hate my pacing? are they annoyed i can't flip turn? 150 on what? argh!). but, coach colleen gave me some awesome stroke help (i swing my arms wide and don't swim straight/rotate around my midline) which perked things up a bit and at least i feel like a have a mission of things to work on instead of just flailing aimlessly.

next, i sat in a training (on an autism diagnostic tool) for 8 hours. fun fun. being cooped up in a dark cold room made me excited to hit the hilly trails for my local KOM run, but i ended up EATING dirt not once, but twice. the kind of falls where i actually squealed and sat down for a couple minutes to make sure i was okay....here's the damage:

dirty speed shorts...

junked up both knees...

a little elbow actionan all-around mess. i'm convinced i tripped becuase i wasn't wearing my zoot shoes. i almost always run in my trusty zoots, but people always recommend that i try a "sturdier" shoe when i run trails. i usually never listen, but today i thought i'd give it a shot (and didn't want to dirty my cute zoots :)). turns out i can't manage to manage "more" shoe. i'll take the zoots on any terrain anyday.

today part 2 (the good part!)
so i came home a mess, but managed a quick 15 minute shower/turnaround to make it to a VERY important appointment :)...as you may have read on rachel's blog, she's part of a group of 6 fun ladies representing as the very first lululemon tribabes...

i feel super lucky to be included in this group of studette pros and uber-amateurs (miss ross!). i met up with kirsten tonight to pick out some rad "to/from" gear....becuase who doesn't want to show up at a race all cute and cozy at 5am and then have something super comfy and warm to change into right after? i got a great hoodie and some groove pants (my first pair!). i also got this neato gym/transition bag that even has a laptop pocket for me! it will never be this "unstuffed" again as i typically have things spilling out every direction.
and anyone who doesn't live near a store but wants to check it out, starting tomorrow april 1st, you can buy lululemon in their online store for the first time ever....awesome.

so yeah, race report to come later, for now, i'm lounging in lululemon and thinking about all the emails i want to write to the bazillion folks racing oceanside 70.3 this weekend. it's going to be awesome! if you're out there, look for me (and kirsten!) cheering in our pink vests..james too, but he won't be in a pink vest (actually with him, that's not so ridiculous sounding, you know?).


22 comments:

Holly said...

Oh no, we'll be able to buy Lulu online? That's DANGEROUS!!

GZ said...

Yeah ... trail running ... you eventually take some good diggers. If you can walk away with some cuts and nothing more serious, it is a success. Makes for good stories.

Chloe said...

OMG! Just as I was reading your post I was thinking to my self "UGH! I wish there was a Lululemon store close to me!!" And then - Tada!! Online store! Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to cause some damage!

Christine said...

ahh! I love lululemon..but suffer from having to buy it online. YOu are sooo lucky! And you better check yoself before you wreck yoself! You are doing sooooo good..injuries would suck! Stick to the zoots! haha After I had shoulder surgery my Doc said I could do elliptical..which I interpreted as woodsy trail running. (Had to wear a sling though..funny sights). I fell flat on my face after tripping over a root and was TERRIFIED I had ripped out one of the 6 screws they put in. I got lucky...but be careful. You have a lot to lose!

Wet Hair, Warm Heart said...

How cute....an athletic blond with boo-boos! Keep truckin!

Nisha said...

Wow -- what is the name of the bag you have? I LOVE it and I can't find it on the Lululemon site. Thanks!!

LoveOfShoes said...

Considering I have been carrying the same Lulu bag for the past two years, I think I NEED that new bag!!

beth said...

The bag is the "action gym bag". LOVE. Very roomy too.

X-Country2 said...

Dang, you really did get beat up. Hopefully all that adorable "to/from" gear helps heal the pain. :o)

runninggunner said...

Glad you're not too hurt. I alway's hit the deck when trail running. The lululemon group sounds like a cool group. There clothes are almost too comfy to workout in.

katie b said...

so cute (not the hurt but the swag!), you are the perfect model for the brand :) hope to see you out there cheering on Saturday.

RR said...

I think I need one of those bags. My gym bag has been a lululemon shopper for the past two years.

Pedal Circles said...

That's why I only ride bikes... Justin took me on a hike soon after we started dating and I fell 3 times. Needless to say - I'm not that good on my feet ;)

Benson said...

Holy warrior woman with battle wounds!
Jaysus K-rist.
I hope you didn't bleed on your new cute hoodie?
Heal up quickly.

GoBigGreen said...

OMG you look like me about 10 days ago taking a digger or yardsale in Tucson. OW! I feel your pain.
Thanks for the tips on Lulu I want shorts and i guess in MN at our showroom they want to sell us parkas all spring. It is snowing so maybe they are right.

allyson said...

I went on lulu's website before reading your post, got myself a nice surprise when I went on the online store website. I was totally had, I thought this online store is a little outdated. Nice April Fools Joke.

Falling during runs is part of my weekly training. I have some nasty scars.

kerrie said...

wow - those shorts look even better with dirt! nice job on the lulu team...very cool. now i have to figure out how to get hooked up with something like that ;).
still waiting for the race report.

Sherry said...

Thanks to you, I am now thoroughly addicted to Lulu...

Glad you didn't 'break' anything during the trail run-- you have a history with broken bones, right? ;p

Sarah said...

LULULEMON ONLINE?!? SUH-WWEEEEET!

I laughed when you wrote about it not being so crazy to think of James in a pink vest. So true. :)

I hope you have an awesome time this weekend with everybody. I wish I were coming down to join the party (just party, not race)! Wish everybody luck for me and give a few cheers for me.

Keep rockin' the Lululemon!

Danielle Runs said...

it sucks that you got hurt, but i love your pictures... you make luluemon look good! can't wait to buy some stuff @ the online site.

i remember looking a month ago and not being able to purchase from the site :)

Maggs said...

If they are online I might actually check their stuff out. I refuse to go into malls, and that's where they are in Hawaii.

Paul said...

I'm with you. Even on trails "less" shoe is still better!! I just get injured with a heavier shoe on the trails. Although I learned after running the grand canyon, on long trail runs I'm going to start running with biking gloves. Fingerless but padded. Guess why? ;)