Saturday, March 28, 2009

pack your (transition) bags


it's kind of hard to wrap your head around the first race of the season. tomorrow's my first '09 triathlon- superseal olympic distance- and i haven't been in the open water yet this season. whoops. so since i couldn't wrap my head around that, i wrapped my head around a couple 22oz. beers at happy hour...kirsten was my carbo loading coach:


i really only had 1 1/2 of those big beers, so nothing crazy... anyhow, it's on tomorrow. i'm excited and also to see james race the 1/2 ironman relay as the runner. should be a fun one to watch too, several pros, like andy potts, and bjorn anderson are racing as a little prep for the california 70.3 race next weekend. neat!

(WARNING: , sometimes this athletic type blog may take a turn to wedding type blog every so often over the next few months...not too often, i promise..)
this week we sent out our save-the-dates for the wedding.....we went with postcards, nothing crazy, just fun. my sister jen is pretty much my hero and drew this postcard for us (she's in art/design school at RISD). at first glance, it has nothing to do with triathlon and makes you think i surf (which i haven't since i broke my leg/arm over a year ago. such a poser). but, if you look closely, you'll see james' pink headband. and its also quite clear that jendrew me in my lululemon running shorts- and i must be training A LOT becuase i lost 5 lbs in that drawing (nice work, jen!- too bad she didn't embellish in the boob area) ...

here's the front of the postcard.

this is the back. we got little tropical fruit postcard stamps and i wrote all the addresses in neon green skinny sharpies.



18 comments:

kerrie said...

awwww, that's so cute. i like the simplicity of it (and the fact that you're not having a five year engagement...)
good luck tomorrow! that carbo loading will pay off big ;)

j.p. patrick said...

My kinda carbo loading and I love it that you're already having fun before the race even starts! That's how to roll! Go big!

D said...

I did IMC last year never having had put on my wetsuit, much less swimming open water. Now that's the way to learn to swim ow! hah! I think you'll be fine ;)

HAVE A FANTASTIC RACE!

Ryan Weeger said...

RISDY, thats awesome! you guys are putting us to shame, im not being much of a help to Sarah with our "Save the date" magnets. Good job on the beer, hope those were union jacks.

Christine said...

Those are the cutest save the dates ever! And you really look that skinny..no 5lbs drop needed. Best part of racing is the carb loading and the walk of shame afterwards..haha

Pedal Circles said...

That postcard is a great design!

Chloe said...

Yeah beer! That is the best Carbo loading there is :)

LOVE the post cards! What a great idea. Your sister did an awesome job! I don't know about you - but I'm getting sick of the 'save the date 'magnets'. My fridge is covered!

Sherry said...

Aw, LOVE the announcement cards!

Good luck today! Have FUN!

Kona Shelley said...

Beautiful card..very creative, now everyone is going to crash your wedding..:-)

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

Super cute save the dates. THose good carbs will help you rock Super Seal today.

runninggunner said...

I like the Carbo loading technique. I've been doing a bit too much of that lately.

Absolutely love the save the dates.

FatDad said...

Great card! Looks awesome.
Good job on the carbo loading. Have fun tomorrow.

allyson said...

That is the cutest and neatest save the date card I have ever seen, I am quite jealous, ours were plain AC More. Best of Luck at your race.

Jill Costantino said...

That card is great! Watch out that you don't get some undesirables showing up at your wedding:)
Great carbo loading! Hope you had a great race.

X-Country2 said...

Those are adorable. Your sister is quite talented.

Good luck!

Benson said...

Good to hear you're getting at the racing with proper carb loading.
those cards are really cool.
Cabo Surf Hotel?
I'm crashing your wedding.

triguyjt said...

I am late to the party..so I hope you did well.. I love the wedding announcement stuff...it will be awesome...

Sarah said...

Love the pre-race beers. :)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your postcard! That is SO cute! While I haven't given my own wedding much thought, I've always thought I would do something way more casual like that than fancy. Your sister did a GREAT job!