Friday, May 29, 2009

swim, bike, skinny mai tai!












hello Kona!






life here is pretty tough as you can see from our morning coffee on the lanai


















ok. i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeallly want to be racing (the run!) but there is a bright side to this all.


i am really looking forward to watching the finish on the race- with a bikini and a cocktail while i watch the rest of the racers wither in the heat.

we arrived in kona yesterday and took a swim at Hapuna beach- UNREAL! I tested out my new Zoot Speedzoot (amazing! I am so thankful for all the awesome people at Zoot that got that suit to me. They had send one in the mail and it didn't arrive, so they found one for me at race headquarters in a flash and I was off! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Zoot!)


pre-race has been VERY serious around here. i am focus my energy completely. on importatnt stuff, like inventing the skinny mai tai (malibu, diet coke, wedge of lime)..you know, i'm in training, can't be drinking too many real mai tais :)...and who doesn't want a taste of the islands without 75 grams of sugar?



oh wait, james decided that first one didn't properly show off my orange nail polish (go breakaway training!), bling, cocktail, and athlete bracelet combo

last night we grabbed some yummy sushi and then headed to Dairy Queen- gotta carbo load even if i'm not really racing- i earned it, right??? here's Mr. Queen- he loved us!!! check out his moves!



will check back in later. aloha!

12 comments:

GZ said...

JW - get off the net. It is Hawaii for crying out loud.

Nice rock. :)

MJ said...

Mai tais, coffee on the lanai.... these posts are gonna hurt to read - I can tell already...

Have a blast!

D said...

SOOOOO jealous!
When you see Maggs finish, tell her she needs to eat a sandwich. Or 5. :)

Sue said...

if i remember right, I sent you a ton of photos from IM Worlds last year...so that james better be taking a ton of photos of "You" the racer chick...and all the other good stuff that Kona has to offer...Oh enjoy every minute...um could i have a pic of that Benjamin dude, the fast swimmer...Chloe wants it..ok, I want it :) xoxo big time from us...

rr said...

OOOh man I wish I was there with you guys!! Can I come sleep on your floor? I could totally rock the skinny mai tais with you.. I'll just swim, then start mixing while you ride :)

Have fun!

J.P. Patrick said...

your boy doesn't shave all year long and shaves for vacation?!! have fun!

Caroline said...

Condo looks awesome. Man I should be there with you guys. Sorry I'm not :( Enjoy a Mai Tai for me please. Have fun out there. Cheers!

RR said...

GOOD LUCK! I will be tracking you online.

FatDad said...

Huge week! Congrats!
Enjoy the islands.

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

Looks fun. Wish I was there. Let's have a post ride skinny mai tais day soon in SD.

Katya said...

skinny mai tais--love it. my fave drink is the "skinny pirate". . .DC and captain morgan's (with a cherry, of course). amazing i can recall the recipe, since it's been about 6 months since i've had a drink. may have to remedy that post IM France! : )

Greyson Scott said...

NEW RING?!!