Friday, June 19, 2009

ammendments

i am ammending my list of "things to do this summer". i forgot

10) plan a wedding. (wow. i really have to get on this one)

11) update my blog at least 2 times a week, maybe 3. i really LOVE blogging and the people and information i have found in this strangely wonderful community. i kind of fell off the blogging wagon this spring due to limited time- i really want to get this one back to a place where i talk about training, racing, and life. a lot more! i think the random and funny things i learn and experience in training would be helpful for others starting out and i want to make sure to let others know about some of those learning moments and hopefully help people avoid embarassment as well.


today i'm off to climb mt. palomar with 4 other people who are much faster than me. in fact, as we speak, two of them are planning to make it to the summit, probably eat lunch, then descend down until they find my struggling booty and 'help" me climb the rest of the way. they say they'll be my domestiques. i wonder if it is proper to give your domestiques a knuckle sandwich?!? (i've been telling james a lot lately that i'm going to give him a knuckle sandwich. cracks me up. makes me feel like a 4th grade boy on the little league field).


we're leaving in like 20 minutes and i'm still waffling (another great word!) over whether to take the road bike or tri bike. road bike is better for climbing, descending, and drafting. tri bike would be good only if i get dropped in the flats and need to hammer back to the group. but, my tri bike has the powermeter and it is more race specific for my upcoming races. hmmmm....the reason i'm leaning towards the road bike is that last time descending palomar (which takes about 45 minutes) i all of a sudden found myself out of control, with my aero bars pointed straight to the ground. it was so steep that i had to do a slow speed crash and wait for someone who had a tool to tighten my headset. so basically, i am scrrrrd to descend on that thing again.
ok. i'm off!

10 comments:

Benson said...

road bike.

X-Country2 said...

I'm no help on the bike, but good luck on the wedding planning. I'm coming up on my 5 year anniversary this fall, and I loved (most) of the wedding planning. I worked really hard to make it chill and fun. :o)

Sarah said...

GIRL I FEEL YA on the blogging thing! I told Maggs that I'm vowing to write 20 min every day and try to blog at least 2-3 times a week. Just hard to stay up on it when life gets busy but it really is an amazing little community here in blog land.

As for the bike...I would've told you road for sure. Even though you're getting ready for upcoming tris, climbing a mtn like Palomar would be so much better on a road bike.

Happy training and looking forward to SEEING YOU GUYS next month!

SixTwoThree said...

Have a safe rid girl! I don't want you to become that kind of a comeback kid. Besides, you've got to take care of that hip.

Julia said...

Hi I just found your blog and read a good amount of it, and I hope you do keep writing more often, because I really enjoy your posts!
Good luck with the climb/descent!

Matt said...

Details on the blow-up!

J.P. Patrick said...

Two California Training posts.... at least one VO2 MAX post per week!! You're posts there are the bomb! I smell a comeback!

Ryan Denner said...

dude(tte), please blog more, b/c reading your blog is hilarious. there aren't many places where I can read "scrrrd" and "waffle" (i also think that word is great).

i hope you kicked pauls ass, and brought the tri bike.

and yeah, the blogging community rocks! shit, isn't that how I met you and james? WORD.

D said...

I'm up there as one of the worst bloggers ever, but not because I'm so busy... just cuz I'm super lame and have NOTHING to tell anyone. Booo.

triguyjt said...

its hard to post 3 times a week...

and hey..on your weddi..maybe you and james can have some little appetizers called knuckle sandwhiches