Tuesday, June 23, 2009

running, "butt" not fast.

great things are happening all over this here world. kerrie pulled an ironman out of her butt and won her age group at ironman coeur d'alene. i think this is just one small step of vengeance towards crazy SUV lady who nailed her last year on her bike. can't wait to see what she pulls out by the end of the season. rachel ross and katya- well, i am oficially ignoring them becuase hanging out with celebs in maui (after killing it at alcatraz) and gallavanting along the french riviera (before ironman france) is just too torturous for me to read

although not terribly exciting, i do have a couple not-so-secrets...
1) SECRET TRAINING ALERT: i've been back running for two weeks. well, i wouldn't say "running", but definitely jogging for very short periods of low intensity 2-3 times per week (we're talking 15 minutes or so and up to a whopping 30 minutes).
it's crazy that at the end of april, i was in some pretty darn good (for me) run shape. i ran better at the la jolla half marathon than i expected- just seconds off my half marathon PR on a really tough course. but, things went "downhill" from there. pun totally intended. the downhill mile of the la jolla race was the start of my femoral stress reaction and illiopsoas tendinitis. but i did (almost) as the doctor ordered and didn't run for about 8 weeks. granted, i threw in some major cycling, but i didn't run!
but i'm coming back. very very slowly. pretty soon, i hope to be able to run pretty like super photo man john segesta makes it look like i'm running in these photos from a luluelmon ambassador shoot...

speaking of these running photos- i'm interested to see which one they pick to put up in the store. unfortunately for the photo pickers, their selection will be limited as my butt decided to take a "starring role" in many of the photos... just peeking out to say hello! not too much, just enough to make it not so blow-up-poster G rated approproiate.
hi there, right cheek:
hi again!

wait! the left butt crease wanted some camera time too!
2)i'm racing this weekend. yeah. so it will be a rough run, but i'm signed up for San Diego International Triathlon and I can't wait! this was one of my favorite races last year and i wanted to come back and crush it. but at this point, if i just crush my swim and bike times, i'll be happy.

3) i'm also racing vineman 70.3 in a few weeks. a great excuse to head up to wine country again and see if i can plow through a half marathon. i was pretty doubtful, but then i look at comeback performances like kerrie's ironman run last weekend and linsey corbin (smokin' at boise 70.3!) after her recent running hiatus, and i guess anything is possible! never say never.

21 comments:

rr said...

Crap, my photo shoot is tomorrow and my butt line is way deeper than that. My ass is slowly sliding down my thighs. The downside of partying with celebs on maui..

So glad you're up and running in again.

D said...

Even the thought of running makes me wanna cry right now. Maybe why I've been putting it off all morning. What? It's 1pm already? Great.

Seriously, Kerrie is AWESOME. I was SO happy to see her out there. Love the accident revenge people are getting this year.

Good luck in the race, but listen to that body!!

X-Country2 said...

Those pics are great! Love the commentary. Good luck with the running. Sounds like you're heading in the right direction.

Julia said...

Hi Beth, thanks for swinging by my blog!
I think your photos turned out great, and I laughed reading the greetings from your butt, haha :) I absolutely love Lululemon clothes.

Best of luck with the triathlon this weekend!

GZ said...

Okay - I am calling a blog foul. How the hell am I supposed to get any blog traffic when you are posting shots like this? Particularly when I post ugly shots of my feet on mine ...

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Take that recovery slow, soft surfaces.

We need some V02maxx posts.

Justin Mock said...

Whoa, check out where your Rachel Ross link takes you to. Some crazy religious site.

MJ said...

Secret running... nice! Awesome that you are back at it. Even 30 minutes is a start... and it won't be long before you are back where you were.

About the photos: they look great. If you prefer the 'butt crease' ones, I (or anyone with a tiny bit of know-how) can photoshop those creases out in about 10 seconds....

Cheers,

beth said...

justin- wow- MEGA bible site!!!

ok. the link should be:
http://likeamother.blogspot.com/

(i had "blogpsot" in the last one.

GZ- exactly!!! i was thinking my male readership might be down so i decided to post some gratuitous butt shots! by the way....AWESOME job at Mt. Washington road road- a total grind- i definitely would be road kill on that one!

Pedal Circles said...

Good luck this weekend, and at Vineman!! Looking forward to some RR's.

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

Hah! It's all over the media. The paparazzi spotted you not running but flying with running shoes on... After double GWL. I am wondering if LuLuLemon sells any shirts with wings. I want to fly too.

RR said...

Good luck this weekend!

Mark said...

there is nothing in those pictures that an airbrush or Photoshop can't fix :-)

Good luck at SDIT. I fully expect to see you blow past me at some point during the race

Stacy said...

So happy to hear you are back out there running! Can't wait to do some runs together soon.

Also super excited to see you out on the course this weekend. I know you are going to crush the bike course.

kerrie said...

wow - ur HAWT....my butt just kind of melts into my upper thighs - i could not get away with wearing anything like that.
thanks for your sweet words - i'm waiting to see what you are going to surprise us with this season!!!! i guess a little rest is never a bad thing - mind over matter!

Yasi said...

Hi Beth, I've been reading here for a while now (we're talking since October) and I finally wanted to reach out and say hello. I found your blog in a round-about way through my friend Chris Berg (we went to middle/high school together), and I'm so happy I did! You're a great inspiration and I must thank you for introducing me to Matisse & Jacks snacks and more importantly Lululemon! Luckily we have one right in Princeton (unfortunately no run club) and I'm addicted. Pictures look great! Great job with the running, I'm sure you're not as slow as you may think.

runninggunner said...

Glad to hear you are back running. It will come back in not time.

Christine said...

You look amaaaaaaaazing in your pics..as always! Coming back from an injury sucks...or coming back after studying for boards for 2 months is equally torturous. But we can doooooo it!

Benson said...

Great pics and commentary.
a little photo shop makes any little crease go away. No worries.
Good to hear you're getting back in stride.

Wet Hair, Warm Heart said...

I think your butt looks great! keep the crease! :)

SixTwoThree said...

Oh, the cheeky training report was priceless! And I'm rooting for you to have an amazing comeback. Hopefully, I'll be back running in a three or four weeks. I don't expect it to be pretty though ;-)

Andrew said...

Really beautiful photos...i like it..


Thanks for sharing...


___________________
Andrew
The Best PRICE for the BEST ENTERTAINMENT