Thursday, October 15, 2009

hit me!


miss ross put out a request for some run tunes and i thought i'd embarrass myself and throw out some of my favorite workout jams. don't judge. let's be honest. it's not always "cool" that gets you movin'. at least i was nice enough to put an asterisk by anything of the country genre. you've been warned.

Landed- Ben Folds
I gotta Feeling- Black Eyed Peas
Human- The Killers
Disturbia- Rihanna
Gunpowder & Lead- Miranda Lambert*
The Party Song- Emery
21 Guns- Green Day
You Oughta Know - Alanis Morisette
Africa- Toto
Viva La Vida- Coldplay
Lose Yourself- Eminem
Mud on the Tires- Brad Paisley*
Welcome to the Black Parade- My Chemical Romance
Say Yeah- Wiz Kalifa (RANDOM- SO GHETTO GOOD!)
Halo- Beyonce
Battlefield- Jordin Sparks
My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson
Just Dance- Lady Gaga
Summer Nights- Rascall Flatts*
Kokomo- The Beach Boys
Weezer- Pork and Beans
Chicken Fried- Zac Brown Band*
Vanilla Twilight- Owl City
But It's Better if You Do- Panic! At the Disco
Let the River Run- Carly Simon
I Don't Wanna Be in Love- Good Charlotte
Man on the Moon- R.E.M.
Redneck Yachtclub- Craig Morgan
With You- Chris Brown
Hands Down- Dashboard Confessional
The Adventure- Angels & Airwaves
Marching Bands of Manhattan- Death Cab for Cutie
Sweetness- Jimmy Eat World
and yes,
Jesus Take the Wheel- Carrie Underwood*


listen at your own risk. don't hate me for downgrading your taste in music when you realize that Jordin Spark's "battlefield" will change your life on a tempo run.

Oooh! almost forgot the cooldown!

Amie- Damien Rice
Carolina-Benjamin Gibbard
Arms of a Woman- Amos Lee
Big Green Tractor- Jason Aldean*

what are your favorites? bueller?

15 comments:

Yasi said...

That's a great playlist! I used to LOVE Emery, though I still listen to them, I'm not as obsessed, but that song is a GREAT run song! P!ATD is great to run to also.

I'm almost embarassed to say I can only run/workout to House/Dance stuff (like Benassi Bros. and the like) and rap. It's a weird combo, but it does it for me!

Thanks SO much for all the advice! I did do 6 this morning, but felt great, hopefully that won't prove to be a vital mistake! We're getting a double whammy of a Nor'easter out here so Sunday should be fun fun fun! And I can't believe I forgot to add froyo to my list of foods I can't stop eating! Adding frozen raspberries to greekyo makes a good froyo also (and adding it to oats, so delish!).

trigirl82 said...

Battlefield is one of my favorites to run to! And I generally keep that fact to myself! Hahaha :-)

Been a loyal reader/lurker for a while now, and I really enjoy both yours and James' blogs. Thought I would comment for once and say so. :-)

Happy training!

J.P. Patrick said...

Did you really slip in a Toto?!!......and...... it's stuck in my head! That's jacked up!

rr said...

downloading.. now.. all of it!! You are THE BEST! xoxo

rr

SixTwoThree said...

You're giving me some good, shameless ideas girl! Funny, I've had "Let the River Run" on my ipod for my warm-ups/cool-downs for my river bed workouts too.

Jody said...

pink "so what im still a rockstar"
ba da bababababa ba da ba ba ba ba (not sure of the name)

X-Country2 said...

Like I told her, Miley Cyrus Party in the USA and Britney Womanizer are some catchy-ass songs. (My taste may be more low brow that yours.)

Great list though. I shall steal several. Thanks!

Pedal Circles said...

Awesome songs!! I have quite a few on my general playlist too.

Kim said...

im with my friend jody - that pink song! but otherwise, i love your list and will probably download half of them to itunes tonight!

Ryan Denner said...

i was listening to 'human' as I was reading this...

I don't judge, i just wear vibram FF's

Jill Costantino said...

OMG - I have had "Battlefield" in my head since I read this! LOL!! The list is great! Whenever I run down a hill I think of how you spread your arms out like you are flying from one of your previouse blog posts.

D10 said...

Sweet list. Amos Lee has some great cool down songs! James Morrison is pretty good too.

GZ said...

JEEEEZ. I am either REALLY OLD or ... no, never mind. I am really old.

Charisa said...

Yeah Yeah Yeahs :) And if anyone ever judges you for what you listen to they are stupid. And dumb. And well, just stupid :)

FatDad said...

This is painful to admit but one of the best bits of music that I ever ran to was a Podrunner techno mix that was the same BPM as my tempo run stride rate: 180 BPM and just an hour of beats. Musically, it was just absolutely terrible but man, was it good for getting lost in.
'The Valley Town' by Elliott Brood has been a recent favorite. I'll throw it up on the blog as soon as I get internet access back.