Sunday, December 6, 2009

gift guide for guys

so, you have an athletic lady friend who you need to get something for this holiday season? well, the other day, i was bored out of my brains in pilates class (seriously, there were at least 5 minutes of instructor-who-loves-to-hear-himself-talk babble to every one minute of core work). as i was bored, i looked around my mat and saw that i was surrounded by a few of my very favorite things. now, i know things are just things, but these are all things that make my life fun, functional, and add a pinch of style to the athlete's closet...here are the pics i took from my mat. during class.
now, boys, take out that credit card for that special lady and start a-clickin'!!!

first, my awesome yogi toes yoga towel. this is a grippy no-slip towel. and it is orange and turquoise tye dye...what's not to like? i had towel envy for months watching all the cool yogis in hot yoga and eventually caved and bought my own. and i LOVE it. i feel legit.

next, its not a good photo, but that black lululemon bag is genius. part briefcase, part gym bag. it goes with me from work (there is a computer sleeve inside!) to the gym, to the airplane..next to the bag is a black cashmere beret. i love it. next to that, are my fave zoot ali'is. so comfortable and so fast!

and laying below them was my lululemon Run: Sport Henley. this one is cute enough to wear to the gym and then out to the bar. for sure. of course, its nice and long, flattering and has the thumb holes i love so much.
outside of what i saw around my pilates mat, i wanted to mention a couple other of my faves....all of them are things i would love to find my stocking stuffed with...
sock guy knee highs... i go for these on days that i may not need knee warmers, but its still a little chilly out.


new PB & J flavored larabars..mmmmm....so good.

hanky panky underwear. no woman should live without these. i could do public service announcements about these until the cows come home. sexy and comfy all in one. cannot be beat.

moving on, athletic girls have got to have cute nails year round...we're always showing some toe (not the camel kind!) at the pool AND we always need a good race day manicure.. get her some new OPI nail polish - its all about the purple right now. i'm into "Done out in Deco" and "Pamplona purple". saw it first on colleen. had to have it. it not overdone yet, like neon (unfortunately) is.


lastly, every girl needs a good chapstick for those long rides and windy days. why not add a little shine in there? these burts bees lip shimmer sticks are tiny and can fit anywhere without causing a bulge, and they are definitely more chapstick than lipgloss. BUT, they also add a nice little shimmer and shine. nothing wrong with going fast and looking cute at the same time! you can fund these everywhere now- probably your local drugstore for sure. i live on these things




happy shopping!


9 comments:

Colleen said...

purple is the new pink. =)

MM said...

Phew, there's no pap smear appointment on your list. I was worried that CBS cares spot might catch on.

Chloe said...

Love it! I've been searching for a new 'everything including my computer' bag. I will be forwarding this link to the BF asap.

JOY said...

Your blog is RAD! Love the Burts stuff, all of it! And your bachellorette party: Kick Ass!!

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

laughing out loud about the camel thing.....

Lisa said...

haha great post! Lara bars and sports clothes would definitely make an appearance on my wish list too :)

cassandra said...

Love these ideas!!!

Yasi said...

I need that bag, and I've been eyeing up that Henley top for a little while now, needless to say the #1 thing on my Christmas list this year is Lululemon gift cards. I've accumulated 3 in the past couple months, c'mon Christmas!

Nicole said...

Love the list! Totally lovin' that purple is so in now!!