Friday, December 11, 2009

thoughts from the trainer

thoughts from (literally) the trainer this morning...i'm riding now...2 hours in something like zone a 2. with 90-100 rpms the whole time. 

5:02 am- *taylor swift's actually got a good 90-100RPM beat goin' on...get your cadence on, girl!
5:18- * hi james! good morning! what, not as bushytailed as me? what's that? oh, the trainer makes lots of noise? whoops. sorry.  can you grab me my water bottle? 
5:50- *i may be crazy as its before 6am, but james is the one out on the dark cold road right now.
5:58- * my heartrate is higher in the zone when i'm typing! typing is good for you!
6:10-*Jp told me on facebook: Beer is made by fermentation cause by bacteria feeding on yeast cells and then defecating. In other words, it's a nice tall glass of bacteria poo.
my thoughts: well, then it's proof...James is full of s#*t!
6:12- *good old 80's movies on in the early morning! i forgot how great "The Great Outdoors" is! gotta love a good John Candy & Dan Akroyd combo. and those little twins are creepy! and holy "cellular phone" the size of a BRICK. it's like that car phone with the cord my mom had when i was like 8. 
6:25- * is it over yet? NO. 
6:28- * Damn. Lady Gaga's Bad Romance video. obsessed. its like sexy thriller. i want to do that dance...wonder if i can learn. thank you, VH1 JumpStart! 
6:30- new Bon Jovi video- meh. give it up dude, never going to come close to "livin' on a prayer". 
6:45- * i hope my coach doesn't read this. BUT, i have powertap proof that i followed the workout exactly as prescribed. while blogging. 
6:50- * whoops. just knocked over the huge box of clementines...little oranges all over the floor. need to budget in 45 seconds when i get off this thing to clean them up.
6:59* mentally preparing for T1. i have exactly 14 minutes to shower and get out the door to make it to my desk by 7:40...don't forget food for potluck holiday lunch, makeup to bring in the car, running shoes, heart rate monitor for after work....oh crap... garmin is not charged. not only not charged, but where is it? 
7:02* later! click publish post.

16 comments:

Ryan Weeger said...

impressive....not jealous of trainer time though, ill take the dark cold road anyday...and beer even if it is technically shit.

X-Country2 said...

Post AND riding?! Is there anything you can't do? :o)

Jill Costantino said...

You are a super multi-tasker! Tyra Banks would have something to say though - her show from yesterday! At least the bike is stationary. But how did you manage to knock over the clementines?

MM said...

haha. Hope you found the garmin.

Nicole said...

I am going to have to tell my hubby about the beer. I don't think that it will make a difference to him though. haha

I am so impressed that you were able to post and ride at the same time!!

Jaakko Hiekkaranta said...

please never do that "from the road" LOL

IAN said...

Don't worry, coach doesn't even have to read this, he just knows!

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

So funny. I am very impressed by your ability to multitask. I am having flash backs of a few years ago when I had this little accident involving my trainer, my computer and I vs. my former roommate's weiner dog.
Sort of like the clementines. Oh well, nobody got hurt.

D said...

So I decided to YouTube the Gaga video. That was, expectedly, weird.

Teresa said...

So true! I have to keep been and paper with me on treadmill and on trainer cuz mind comes up with everything during those "focused" moments. Fun post!

Ryan Denner said...

You're multi tasking skills are insane beth!

J.P. Patrick said...

How did James take the news?!

Pedal Circles said...

haha, great! I love it.

I've found when riding with 0-1 hands on the road my HR is also higher. Automatic out of Z1. Score.

Colleen said...

love the change up! how did you get nytro women on there? also did you ask coach D yet??????

Mary said...

Love the multitasking. Maybe we can do trainer phone chats once I'm back at it...would sort of be like riding together again. Love the new blog look too. The new team looks like a great group :)

Katya said...

wow. now, i've done a lot of trainer multitasking in my day--phone calls, texting, watching dvds, even studying for exams, but i have definitely never attempted the blogging while riding. do you have a special aerobar mount for your computer?

merry Christmas & if i don't talk to you beforehand, HAPPY WEDDING!!! xo