Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mid-week love!

I got pretty lucky in the husband department. James has been nothing short of superman these past couple months as i've been working and training a lot. We joke that he is the "ironwidow" . Leaving the house at 5am and coming home at 6pm or later after 2 workouts and days full of kids and parents leaves me a little useless in the housewife department. Somehow, I ended up with a man that not only doesn't mind my crazy schedule, but actually supports it. And where I'm lacking in the household department, he picks up all the slack. Good thing he loves to cook! I have an healthy, veggie-and-protein-filled dinner waiting for me at least 6 nights a week thanks to chef james. Bike cleaning and maintenace? James. Hot coffee brewed daily by 5 am? James. Monthly ordering of vitamins and supplements that are good for me? James. Really, what doesn't he do? He understands that my schedule is nuts and he is (As i've mentioned here before), the most efficient person on the planet. Chores that take me 3 days (folding laundry) take him 3 minutes. So pretty much, I get home from a busy day and all there is left to do is eat and relax (and pack and unpack my 10 bags of clothes and gear, but he can't do everything, right?).

well, just when i thought it couldn't get any better, today he came home with these...



my very own pair of race wheels- 808 clinchers, just like I told him last week I was dreaming of! This is a BIG deal because I have never had my own race wheels. I love you James, and not just for the fast wheels, because of EVERYTHING you do every day. love love love.

To celebrate, I actually made dinner for once. Here's a picture of mine....salad with EVERYTHING (mixed greens, spinach, carrots, beets, pickles, onion, tomato, broccoli, avocado, sunflower seeds, egg white, baby portobellas, red bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and that's gotta be it.) Mine was topped with tofu, james' with yellowfin tuna (he hates soy!)
yum. Hope your Wednesday was as good as mine. On to Thursday! I smell early morning running hill repeats!

20 comments:

D said...

Bitch.

(love that this is your first comment hahaha)

Xavi Garcia said...

"Love is in the air"...is great, isn't it?

I do love a lot my wife Elaine...but she does not support too much my off time!

Cheers from Hong Kong!

"XTB" Xavi.

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

My husband is the same exact way! We are so lucky to have such great guys that understand that training is a priority!

runninggunner said...

Wow. that is some awesome husbandry. Good work James!!!

SSB said...

Awesome!

Yasi said...

That is awesome.

Christi said...

You do have a great husband! My husband is also a great guy. Maybe he will read this and bring me home race wheels! :)

Lucho said...

"Love is a burning thing
and it makes a fiery ring"
Johnny Cash

X-Country2 said...

Awesome!

Ryan Weeger said...

True, James does hate himself some soy. I mistakenly brought that up on our ride last weekend, he hates it like I "hate on" triathletes!

Sue said...

You know he is the best!!! And mine is the best:) Sweet wheels!!

Ryan Denner said...

_shakes head_

wow. freakin awesome


good seein you this morning. I ran for 2h30m, and totally ate shit once too!

GoBigGreen said...

Those are the perfect race wheels. 808s were my first set. You will love em even if its windy.

Caroline said...

You definitely get the hook up! Nice wheels

Charisa said...

You have an awesome best friend :)

Jill Costantino said...

You two are fantastic....ah True L.O.V.E!!!
Beth you are going to ROCK your IM!

Yasi said...

I have to thank you too for the great idea of putting a sugar free packet of hot cocoa mix in my oats, tried that one day with a banana and was loving it! If I have it again I'm definitely putting in peanut butter on top! Try the apple for sure, so good!

idropboys said...

nice....sweet accessory for O'side! Keep up the training, getting close. Have a good one!

kerrie said...

i think i just threw up in my mouth a little!
lucky you! i need an ironhusband...especially one that comes with racewheels ;)

Spandex King said...

I own the company that makes all the decals for the Zipp wheels. If you want to change your decals to a different color just let me know. Great gift!