Monday, April 5, 2010

grati-tuesday

taking a page from linsey, i'm celebrating gratituesday and focusing on the little things that make me happy and motivate me...


this week, i am grateful for...


* a kind friend who made me some beautiful flowers for my "first kona spot"....seriously, how beautiful are they? she arranged them herself!




*Mr. Belding and crew keeping me company on the treadmill monday morning. It was raining outside and this was perfect. brought me right back....


*being surrounded by inspiration. you can't escape it here in san diego! i trained with lesley paterson weekly at rehab united. she CRUSHED it at california 70.3, as the second place professional woman! lesley surprised a LOT of people out there, except us, who knew our little san diego secret wouldn't be secret for long. she WILL take 70.3 by storm this year. go lesley!




* thoughtful (and resourceful!) co-workers. at school, as I was walking to my office, I saw this.....so thoughtful and awesome. they looked me up (and found my blog- uh oh! guess i can't get away with a "sick" day to travel to a race :) )


* a fabulous chauffeur through the headwind at the end of a 5 hour ride


video


*being oblivious to what i'm getting myself into with this ironman thing. ignorance is bliss, right? until you read stuff like this on facebook:

Jimmy Riccitello's (former pro triathlete, coach, and ironman bike official) last two status updates:

"St. George Ironman: a true test of toughness and intelligence - my new favorite course. There is no easy way to the finish line - and that's how it should be. This course will break people. Tears will be shed - and not the good kind. Get ready for it!"


"Doing IM St George? You'll get your money's worth, and more, on that run course. Holy suffer-fest. Dang!"




*my new Zoot Energy 2.0s and the entire new Run line....nice and cushy for these long runs, but not clunky.


(SIDE NOTE- by the way, in Oceanside, I ended up going with "more" shoe rather than less. Instead of the Zoot RACE shoe, or my brand new ULTRA TTs, I went with the ULTRA TEMPO+ 3.0. They were ONE ounce heavier than the TT (each tempo=8oz, each TT=7.5oz on my home food scale), but I had worn them in enough and knew i loved them. This ended up being a GREAT move and I was happy with the choice. I didn't even notice the concrete!)


*and last but not least on this grati-tuesday, i am grateful for....SPRING BREAK! and sister is coming to visit on thursday. i can't wait!


Hope you have a happy grati-tuesday! i'm off to ride with the girls.

10 comments:

Christi said...

Great post! I may have to borrow the concept for my blog!

X-Country2 said...

You really do have a wonderful life. :o)

runninggunner said...

Great post. it's always good to take time to think about the important things. Have fun in St. George.

IAN said...

Those flowers are awesome. they look like the reef in Kona! And I think you deserved a bigger banner!!

Yasi said...

Those are all wonderful things to be thankful for! Spring Break is ALWAYS a great thing to be thankful for!

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

Tuesday was awesome. I am even more impressed you had time to write this blog before riding. Too cool for school.

葉雅慧 said...

人要先學會做一隻駱駝,然後才能做一隻獅子 ..................................................

trailmomma said...

I just stumbled across your blog. I am enjoying the journey you've been on! Awesome. Vineman was my first half iron as well. Your training is admirable! Looking forward to reading more!

Teresa said...

Awe...you are surrounded by such great and inspiring people. Great post!

tn

J.P. Patrick said...

You shouldn't be seen riding with a damn roadie on a bike that fine! He's unworthy! ;)