it's too bad SSB didn't copyright her idea to write a race report in chapters and report out in no particular order. because i'm stealing it.
if you're not along for the novel, here's the quick run-down from my first Ironman triathlon.
SWIM: 2.4 miles- 1:04:25- 2nd in my age group
BIKE: 112 miles- 7:38:17- not ideal :)- more than an hour roadside waiting for help
RUN: 26.2 miles- 3:23:29- 1st age group (4th female including pros)
TOTAL: 12:18:02- 12th age group (30-34), 48th female overall.
you are now free to ignore the next 5 or so posts with the deets. if, however, you've got some time and some popcorn, here's what's to come in the next few days:
IRONMAN SAINT GEORGE: Table of Contents
PROLOGUE: The course, of course.
1. hocus pocus keeps you warm and positive self-talk
2. how not to T1
3. the long ride: mile 12-all carbed up and nowhere to go
4. the long ride part deux: miles 13-19- how not to ride the rim. or how to.
5. the long ride part 3: mile 20 -knowing someone who knows someone
6. if you can't beat 'em, join em & good one-liners for the crowd
7. "special needs" and the alien belly
8. the long ride conclusion: back to basics
9. T2: ready to party. you got popcorn?
10. run: walk refusal-- the block party with all you can drink water & cola
11. run: half way to redemption or the beginning of the end?
11.5: kickin' it with Ke$ha and Goin with Gaga
12. the last mile- floating.
13. catch me, Vivian!
EPILOGUE: whatever i want to write, whenever i want to write it