Saturday, May 29, 2010

"the middle"

racing this season is book-ended by 2 ironmans. over the past few weeks, i've given some thought to all the fun in "the middle" and here's what i've come up with. i may throw a 10k or mountain bike race in there, but that's pretty much it.


Xterra Mission Gorge 15k trail race 5/30 (whoops, that's tomorrow!)
San Diego International Triathlon 6/27
(Solana Beach Triathlon- tentative)
Steelhead 70.3 7/31
Santa Barbara Triathlon 8/28
San Diego Triathlon Classic 9/18
KONA Ironman World Championship 10/9


i am perhaps most excited about the San Diego Triathlon Classic.

it happens to be the only USAT sanctioned olympic distance triathlon in San Diego (the freaking birthplace of triathlon!). Luckily, my friends at Moment Cycle Sport noticed last year that San Diego needed its own real honest to goodness OD triathlon and they created the Classic. last year the triathlon got RAVE reviews (best course, best awards, best food!!!) from the participants and I had total FOMO (fear of missing out) from all the good stories. So i'm not missing it this year. the course has some awesome hills on the bike and of course, some san diego bay views on the run. so i was heading to register, but i thought i'd check with my Moment Cycle friends to see if they had a discount for the race (after all i'm still neck deep in 4 years of student loans on a teacher's salary!) - and well, they did.
the GREAT news is they also had a discount code for any of my blog readers- an a nice one too. $20 off! Use the code Beth2010 . so come and join me! what's better than san diego in september? pretty much nothing, i can assure you that :)

register here!
and by the way, not only is it San Diego's only Olympic Distance USAT race, BUT it just so happens to fall on September 18th. which is 3 weeks before Kona. which is perfect timing for a final tune up!! WHOOOP WHOOP! Oh, I'm getting so excited already. can you feel it? let me know if you are coming!

off now to ride 103 miles to mt. laguna- a place there was snow the last time i rode. i can't wait. why am i doing this? because i can! (and they promised not to hammer).

6 comments:

Christi said...

Have a great ride! I have some friends in San Diego so I will have to let them know about the discount! I would love to do that one but I will be in Branson that weekend doing my 2nd 1/2 Ironman!

X-Country2 said...

Racing in San Diego by the ocean in early fall is pretty much my dream. Have fun!

韋于倫成 said...

知足常樂~~有這麼好的文章,人生足矣~~哈哈.........................

TRAN! (www.thinktran.com) said...

Thanks for the discount code!!!

麗卿 said...

人生不如意事,十常八九。 ..................................................

rhodespedal said...

Hi Beth!

Random question....

I went to your VO2 Maxxed blog and made the fish tacos and the sauces (massive yumminess!) from March 25, 2008. I was wondering, how long will the sauces last for in the fridge? I would hate to unknowingly poison anyone.... ;)

Many thanks!

Rebecca