Saturday, June 26, 2010

back at it

i can't believe it's been almost two months since my last triathlon (Ironaman Saint George). well, tomorrow i get to be back in the saddle for San Diego International Triathlon. this is probably my favorite local race and this year i'm stepping it up a notch. i was first in my age group at SDIT the past two years and i don't want anyone calling me a sandbagger :) . since the race is not USAT, the "elite" category is open to wannabe's like me and i'm taking on the challenge. the field looks pretty stacked and it should be a fun day out there. my main goal is not to be last (of the elites), but even if i am, at least i gave it a shot. i didn't take any pictures at the expo today, but i've got plenty of other random ones from the past week:


last sunday's ride with james- a little banana break atop mt. soledad
bought me a new toy- frozen yogurt machine.


and have been making some delicious frozen concotions:

acai "recovery" yogurt: 1 cup greek yogurt (0%fat), 1.5 cups unsweetened vanilla almond breeze, 1 packet frozen unsweetened acai, sweetener of choice (agave, splenda...), .5 cup mixed berries, 1 tbsp flax seeds, 1 tbsp chia seeds, vanilla extract, glutamine powder, .25tsp xanthan gum. [makes 2 big servings. i topped mine with a little chopped walnuts and shredded coconut]



Peanut butter almond milk "yogurt" (makes 2 servings) : 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond breeze, sweetener of choice (i used splenda), 2 tblsp Pb2 powdered peanut butter, 1 tbsp Nuttzo. topped with cacao nibs + chopped almonds. I also made vegan brown rice krispie treats to take to the Rehab United (my strength coaches) barbeque..i'm such a betty crocker now that i have some time on my hands...trying to show james what life would be like with a stay-at-home wife :)
oooh.. and i'm racing incognito tomorrow. not the best pic, but the hair is DARK. i'm a sucker for a change every once in a while. the blonde will be back in a few months though, i'm sure.


can't wait to track everyone else tomorrow too...glad my race is only two hours, then i can plop myself for some virtual spectating.

see you after the finish line!

16 comments:

Teresa said...

Good luck and have a blast Beth!

tn

SSB said...

Love the hair. I'm thinking of going blonder. Good luck tomorrow.

I thought about buying a froyo maker, but then I realized there's a shop a 5 min walk from my house. Seemed easier.

Jill Costantino said...

blond or brown either looks super on you! That froyo machine looks AMAZING - Jealous over here!
And last but most certainly not least have a fantastic race tomorrow amongst the PROS - my guess is you'll fit in just fine!

GlenS_Mielke12嘉偉17 said...

一棵樹除非在春天開了花,否則難望在秋天結果。.................................................................                           

Ryan Weeger said...

that froyo looks dope! want to trade some ipas for some froyo? You and Sarah both dropping the blonde hair for the summer, it must be the cool thing to do.

FatDad said...

haha, that's rad that you saved the hair photo for last. Food pic, food pic, food pic, oh and by the way, BOOYAH BROWN HAIR MUTHAS!!!
Thanks for sharing the recipes the last few posts. I've been missing them. The first post that I ever read of your was the granola recipe you posted and I still make it.
Kick some ass this weekend.

Lucho said...

Brunettes are HOT!!! You look like a movie star.

GoBigGreen said...

OMG i need one of those fro yo machines, we have NO Zero ZIP fro you in MN. I may have to come to CALI just to get fro yo. Love the new hair, even tho it made me think you looked like Lindsay Lohan which is actually a huge complement if you forget her drug record and her plot to remove Kombucha from our lives for a few weeks.
PS Ok random sorry, I am tired!

SHERRY said...

OMG... there are fro-yo machines for the home? Brown rice krispie treats? OK, you can totally convince James to let you stay home... just open up a small catering service and send out your leftovers for some cha-ching (and ship express to Florida, please)!

Way to go on the SDIT! Looks like you achieved your goal and gave the other elites a run for their money! Way to go! And the hair... change is always good! :-)

Benson said...

I love bananas too.
Oh yeah, and any other food group...especially froyo.

Wow, the new hair color surprised me. Looks very good.

Christi said...

I am a little late but I hope the race went well. I love the dark hair by the way!

Yasi said...

I love the hair, it looks fab. Your hair always rocks though. And a froyo machine?! I need. Especially to make the PB almond milk concoction.

Hope your race went well yesterday!

Charisa said...

Love your new hair. Awesome job at SDIT!

江婷 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。......................................................................

kerrie said...

okay, surely you aren't going to let me beat you by getting up my race report first? where is it?

can james get my xmas presents this year? i would take a puppy, bike or a froyo maker...i'm not too picky.

佳順佳順 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................