Wednesday, June 2, 2010

lazy blogger!!!

i really really love blogging. my major problem is that i think too much about my posts (i know it doesn't seem like it with my stream of consciousness anti-grammatical and un-capitalized mumbo jumbo). and i load up until there is TOO much to blog about and then i get overwhelmed. and then i don't write it because there is too much to write and too little time. so sometimes it is probably best to just read james' blog for timely re-caps.
so, here i am, writing about last weekend when it is already this weekend. so i'll make it brief.
memorial day weekend seems like one big blur of hills and friends and ice baths and a couple margaritas.

saturday i rode the 103 mile "loop of doom" with the bunnies and some other friends. "the bunnies" are not of the playboy variety, they are of the dropboy variety (and they don't know about my nickname for them). julie and jen are energizer bunnies that keep going and going. by then end they had shamed all the boys and were pulling everyone home (please note that they were pulling everyone the WHOLE time, it was only near the end that they had to circle back more). 9,500 feet of climbing including great western loop and mt. laguna earned me my first ice bath of the weekend. (side note- chivalry is NOT dead. when we descended the sketchy backside of laguna, i mistakenly thought i could "follow the line" of the pro descenders i was with. i crashed off the side of the road, luckily flew into a bush and got two beestings. tim heard me scream bloody murder and rode back up the mountain to find me. thanks tim. chivalry thanks you too).
and my first spinach margarita, thanks to Andy's pedaling skills and Katya's ingenious ideas. (and big shout out to my mom for the most awesome party gift ever- bike blender!!!)

sunday, james made his running re-debut and won the Xterra mission gorge 15k. (jerk!) i was the 3rd woman, behind lesley paterson and katya. (hmmm....very interesting that the top 2 males and the top 3 females all workout every week at Rehab United together- more proof of the secret sauce- thank you Bryan Hill!) unfortunately, post race i was too incapacitated to do proper strength sessions this week. the trail race hemmed me up big time. i was more sore than i was after ironman. for three days. holy hills.
after the race, we came home for ice bath #2 and some pool time. fatty broke his pool chair:
monday (memorial day) was more riding and more margarita's - this time on the beach! i love encinitas, california.

oooh, and the big news is that james surprised me with a fur kid! her name is nyla. and yes, i know a teacu chihuaha is not a REAL big dog like a lab or something, but she's about all i can handle and you know she is darn cute. and you want one. she is an awesome dog.

that's it! congrats to everyone who raced Hawaii 70.3. i was glued to my computer cheering for Kristin, Tati, Teresa, Maggs, Rachel Ross, Kerri, Stacey, Susanne, Lori...way to represent, ladies! oh, and Todd too :)

18 comments:

Charisa said...

Puppy!! So cute!

X-Country2 said...

That puppy is too cute to be real. :o)

GZ said...

Wow. Dog. Flashbacks here as we just went through puppy-dom for the last 8 months. Good luck.

I got to get me one of those blender rigs.

Alanna @ Blood, Sweat & Cupcakes said...

What an adorable puppy! Also, I think that blender is a must for every home :)

Sherry said...

Aw! Congrats on the new family member!

Yasi said...

What a cute pup! I have the same problem with blogging, I wait and have too much then I just don't do it then I feel behind! You're hair seems to grow very quickly....I'm jealous.

Christi said...

Love the adorable puppy!

Jill Costantino said...

your fur kid is adorable! She would fit in your Bento box on your bike! Congrats on your race:)

于呈均名 said...

Time and tide wait for no man. ............................................................

Flatman said...

Love that pup!

羅文浩 said...

Learning makes a good man better and ill man worse.............................................................

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

Perfect size. I bet the puppy could fit in a Bento box. Energizer Bunny.....that's you racing a rocking an Xterra the day after a long ride. Can you bring the blender to the next group ride?

Raspberry Stethoscope said...

Your blog rocks! I just read your recap of ironman and it is such an inspiration. I'm no where near that; training for my first sprint triathlon. maybe someday ironman will be in my future?;)

BryannaR22369 said...

看後受益良多,謝謝∪ˍ∪..................................................

kerrie said...

yeah you're lazy blogger but obviously, i can barely keep up as i'm an even lazier, further behind blog reader.
i really want your little puppy - it is too cute.

明英 said...

It is no use crying over spilt milk...................................................................

Libby said...

I love it, I'm totally the same way about blogging, but I love your writing. you are hilarious. that 103 mile ride sounds intense (especially with a crash! glad you are ok...) your puppy is ridiculously cute and small!

The un-Zen Runner said...

bike blender? haha...genius!