Sunday, September 19, 2010

multitasking is...



multitasking is....

a weekend so packed that you can't keep your eyes open at 8pm sunday night. with a friend coming to town to visit, an olympic distance race, a 6 hour bike ride and a wedding shower well out of my zip code, the whole weekend was a race to the sunday evening "finish line".
i'm going to post up my race report in the next couple of days, but results are here.





multitasking is....


social hour at the finish line and beer garden- no need to squeeze that in later- i'm so lucky so many of my friends share my geeky passion!






hanging out in the sandbox with my bff from college and her beautiful baby between the race and awards

icing your legs driving home for the race




with Sunday arriving a little too early- knocking on the door of Pannikin before sunrise to grab my breakfast/ride fuel.

eating "on the go". unfortunately pannikin's muffins weren't baked yet at 6am, but I did get a nice log of banana break.. and, with the exception of a cappucino, the log carried me all 92 miles!
a 10 mile detour with oark to ride towards his destination (Anaheim train station) along the Santa Ana River Trail. Mark was the best ride company all day long and it was great to literally and figuratively catch up with him. He also shared some O.C. history- this "river" may or may not be where they filmed that car scene in Grease.
brekkie almost gone at mile 75

arriving at this beautiful wedding shower in my bike clothes after riding from 5.5 hrs from home to long beach, ca...and showering in 10 minutes to look a little more like these girls. luckily, bride colleen understands- she just did IM Wisconsin last weekend!

Hope your weekend was as great as mine. Can't wait to report on San Diego Triathlon Classic- the BEST race I have done in San Diego by far. the organization, support, and course are totally unmatched around here.

7 comments:

Mark said...

I was wrong. After I told you, I went home and found out the Grease race scene was actually shot in the Los Angeles River east of downtown LA. But it DOES look like it could have been there!! It was nice to get a chance to catch up.

Beth said...

That is some serious multi-tasking! :) Congrats on a great race Saturday!! :)

IAN said...

I love that you will show up at a shower in your bike clothes. Awesome

Jennifer Yake Neuschwander said...

You killed the entire weekend! Score!

Lisa T said...

Holy cow that was a crazy weekend! Now I'll stop bitching about how little free time I have now that I have a job again!

Rizwan ali said...

The 1500 meter swim in San Diego Bay, water quality is the elephant in the room. We try not to talk about it. I have to admit that I had not put in my Zoot Zenith from Steelhead 70.3 and I have not been in open water. The water here has been cold throughout the summer and there have been more sightings of great white sharks than usual. Sure, the open sea would be beneficial to the formation of Kona, Kona, but it is not suit and ... No more excuses, just have not been.
BUT, swimming was wonderful. My wave was sixth and my only complaint is that because the waves were only 3 minutes apart, even with my mediocre ability to swim, I spent about 2 / 3 of the course of body-dodge. Swimming ended well for me, 24 minutes and was pleased that most bikes were still on my shelf. link exchange
university admission

Me said...

great..nice artical publishing by you...appreciate on you...thanks for giving detail..

happy after reading your blog....


poultry