Friday, October 8, 2010

Pre Race!

First, I want to thank everyone for following along all year. Tomorrow is the big day for me and I know I wouldn't have gotten to it without the support from so many people out there. I'm ready for the "its all about me" to be over and to just enjoy the race and then the post-race with my family and friends. If you care to track along (since until tomorrow it is still all about me:), you can head to www.ironman.com and click on "Athlete Tracker" . I am #1726 and racing under Beth Walsh. I think there is also a live broadcast online at ironman.com, but unless you are entrenched in triathlon it may be an experience akin to watching paint dry. I'm not sure how long it will take me, but if it is a very good day, I would be a little bit under 11 hours. If it is not a good day, well, break out the glow sticks!! Either way, I hope to have a Mai Tai in hand to watch the midnight finishers.

Its been jam packed good times and business since arrival late Wednesday night.

waiting at the airport...sweating in my Zoot ComressRx blingin' tights, but the sweat is worth the squeeze :)


We are staying at a neat house on Ali'i drive with a Koi pond, big lanai, and pool- perfect relaxation station. That is, except for the shoddy internet which is very intermittent and only works in certain areas of the house.
our crash pad for the week... life doesn't suck at the Koi house



Since arriving we have swum in Kailua Bay to the Coffees of Hawaii boat with Kerrie, ran down Ali'i drive in our underpants, had a lovely ocean-front dinner at Huggos, eaten lots of fresh ahi tuna and mangoes, had a little spin with julie, some prime ART with Dan the Man, visited the Oakley house and the Zoot store, and had some good family time with James, Dad, Marsha, and sister Erica.

Some highlights....
Getting my picture at the Zoot store on Ali'i with my picture (with Nytro Women's team) on the wall. Okay, we're at the bottom and you can barely see me, but I'm there! And look, Charisa right above us!

checking out the Oakley pad


ready to dominate the underpants run with tatiana and kristin...

today is supposed to be all about chilling, but there is a lot to take care of. I still need to pack my gear backs, special needs bags, and do all the bike check in.
luckily my hot mechanic is here to help with last minute prep...




The energy here is unreal and I'm bottling it for tomorrow. See you at the finish line! Aloha!

9 comments:

SixTwoThree said...

Have an AWESOME race Beth! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending good thoughts your way all day!!!

Lucho said...

I just got off the phone with Madame Pele and she likes you... no worries. Have a BLAST!!!!

Yasi said...

Beth have an awesome race! It's been so great following for the past year + (with many more to come). I have the same Zoot pants and Lulu top (but I have it in the blue color). And one last thing: your body=slamming. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

The Mommy said...

Good luck! Can't wait to read all about your big big race!!

Xavi Garcia said...

Push hard and enjoy that dream!! I know you will do a great race!! but on top of everything smile ad enjoy!!

Cheers from Hong Kong!

"XTB"Xavi.

GZ said...

All the best Beth. And you are shredded! (as in ripped)

runninggunner said...

I know it's late. But have a killer race.

Christi said...

I am late also but I am cheering for ya! Go kick butt!

SixTwoThree said...

Well done Mrs. Walsh!