Friday, December 31, 2010

Adios 2010!



Time to say goodbye to the decade. As this blog is "california training", on the training/triathlon front, it was a great year.
missions were accomplished. i had a few goals this past year.

1) Complete my first Ironman
...check!
2) Qualify for Ironman World Championships
....check!
3) Have the top amateur run split in Kona
...check! (is this check thing getting annoying?)
4) Not get dropped on every ride and not be a "liability"
....working on it. not a total check, not at all.
5) run a sub 3-hour marathon (okay, this wasn't a 2010 goal until october, but it was a general "bucket list" goal
...check!
5) Top 10 age group finish in Kona
...UNcheck!

Well, that now becomes goal #1 for next year. Actually that is goal #2.
Goal #1 for next year is to take 15-20 minutes off of my Ironman bike split (so I want to get in the 5:30 range). WHOA. Scary. Even scarier if you've been on a ride with me lately and understand the State of the Union over here. Goal #3 is to share the 30-34 podium with my husband at Ironman Texas (and maybe some halfs...) but he's got to hold up his end of the deal there and not blow up, so it's only 50% within my control.

Team Walsh is on our way. We finished out the year with Team running hill repeats today ...and saw Kerri at the top of Torrey Pines - she had her new Christmas camera with her!



Oh yes, and resolutions... I do have a couple. I resolve to...
1) save more energy for the husband. sometimes i tend to leave it all in the work day & workouts and am not very wifely when i finally get home.

2) dress cuter at work. really. i workout before work and tend to get ready in 10 minutes. i pull the hair back in a bun and do the makeup in the car. so, by having a cute outfit, i can actually look halfway professional without going big on the actual prep. today i SHOPPED. and holy sales, i bought all this for just about $400. i kill it! that will be my only shopping of the year for that type of stuff. i hate shopping for work clothes.


3) stop saying i'm going to stop eating the snacks in the teachers lounge and eating after dinner unless I really am going to do it. james will really appreciate this.

4) update all the links and such on the side of my blog. half of the blog roll probably isn't even in existence. i also resolve to actually comment on more of the blogs i read. i LOVE reading blogs- and i read every blog in my feed. but half the people i read probably don't even realize it! i think my lack of comments sometimes is due to the annoying "word verification". i hate that crap. thats why i don't have it on my blog. and guess what? in 3 years, i have only ever gotten like 3 spam comments. just sayin'.

5) blog more. i love it! i'm just lazy.

that's about it. Peace!
I leave you with pictures from the Beer Mile....Kerri won best dressed. I agree!


GO KRISTEN! Take it down!



25 comments:

Beth said...

looks like a wonderful year and great resolutions. Happy New Year to you!

SSB said...

I was going to give you a hard time because I don't have the captcha thing on my blog, but you comment on it, so I guess I can't give you a hard time. Happy New Year! Hope to see ya at a couple races next year.

Nicole @ Geek Turned Athlete said...

Those are some pretty hardcore goals, but I know you can do it!! I'm so excited to hear about your next year and how it is going to go.

I'm not anywhere near as fast as you, but your hard work to the sport is definitely inspiring! Thanks for rocking your races and being excited about training. It really makes me think anything is possible for me. I even signed up for IMAZ this year, my 1st Ironman. I'm scared, but I'm doing it!

Lisa G said...

Happy New Year to you! Sounds like you have some great goals/resolutions for 2011! Yay!

Running and living said...

I don't comment much on your blog, but you are such an inspiration! You always get the job done! Happy New Year!

Christi said...

You had a great year! I can't wait to follow the coming year to see you kill all your goals.

One of my goals is to get faster on the bike also. This will be really tough for me but you will be my inspiration!

Happy New Year!

GZ said...

GO TEAM WALSH.

And you convinced me to turn off word verification.

I look forward to a series of posts on what the heck it means to be more wifely.

Live it.

jameson said...

oh really... "but he's got to hold up his end of the deal there and not blow up"

we'll see.

and like GZ... really looking forward "to a series of posts on what the heck it means to be more wifely."

I love you!

Running Bums said...

Haha I love the part about wearing normal clothes! I'm horrible at this since I work at a running store so I never feel like I have a reason to "dress-up" in jeans:)' Sergio is equally wasted at the end of a long day, but he does wish I would dress like a real girl sometimes!

Happy New Year! I hope it's awesome:)

Kate said...

Congratulations on your amazing year! I am sure you will continue to kill it throughout 2011, too.

I need to comment more on the blogs I read, too. I have been reading your blog forever and I probably have never left you a single comment! D'oh! Anyway, thanks for being an awesome athletic inspiration and keep on rockin'.

Adrienne said...

Oh yes, I hate word verification as well!

Love the goals- go after them!

D said...

Callin me out? Fine. I called you out too.

Wassdoc said...

Congratulations on a great year. You've helped inspire me not to put limits in my head, and to turn off word verification from my comment section:). Happy New Year!

Shan said...

Happy New Year to Team Walsh!! Beth, you did so many amazing things and accomplished so much this year, and it was truly inspiring!! Here's to 2011 being EVEN better than the last! Let me know if you decide to do Timberman (saw it on an earlier blog maybe?) - I'd love to see ya!

Tom said...

Please let us know how whether you accomplish your "goal" for this evening (01/01/11).

GoBigGreen said...

Good list Beth. I became a PT so i could either wear a lab coat or dress in LULU at work. works for me:)
Cant wait to follow you and Jame's fun for 2011. Go get it!
PS I think i may need to steal "Make it work," let me know if that has a tm on it. kidding. I hope.

Sue said...

at least you cook some of James meals, that is being a good wifey:) oh and you should see my past and present lists, i just cant remember where i put it!!

allison said...

You guys will destroy 2011!!

kerrie said...

happy new year! and i'm pretty sure that you'll be able to hold up your part of the bargain....it's the other half i'm worried about. can't wait to see how that one pans out.
oh and p.s. - i'm not going to make number 3 such a cakewalk for you this year ;)

goSonja said...

Great post my dear! Yes, that jump in your bike split is totally realistic! Learn to ride the Kona wind in aero and I'm pretty sure you will have it licked! Can't wait to watch your journey this year, and congratulations on accomplishing so many of your 2010 goals! Quite awesome!

bex said...

I love reading your blog... always an inspiration!!

Melissa said...

Great resolutions! What is the beer mile? We have a strip of bars nicknamed "the 100 Block" in my town and they want to do a fundraiser at a track right up the street. This may be perfect.

bex said...

wanted to add... thanks to you, i removed captcha from comments... I never realized I even had it on. HAHA

Shawn and Tracy said...

Congrats on a wonderful 2010 very impressive races! I can't wait to see you throw down in 2011.
Happy New Year!
P.S. I have cut my getting ready for work time down too and have mastered mascara while driving...YIKES! ;-)
Tracy

Rizwan ali said...

The aboriginal abounding anniversary of Ironman training is now complete and I'm assured that UP we will go. CoachDirk has been accomplished and is alike added complex in my training than ever. On Thursday, he came bottomward to Rehab United's Sports Performance Center to watch the annual beatdown of weights and anatomic strength. I anticipation it was alarming that he was absorbed in seeing what we do bottomward there (since it's adamantine to explain!). It's additionally actual air-conditioned that Bryan (RU) and Dirk are accommodating to advice James & I be the best we can. Goes after adage that we're cool lucky.

Another advantage of accepting my drillmaster bounded is that I get to try to whip him into shape! I apprehend I'm activity to accept a lot of continued aerobic rides on the agenda and I don't appetite to consistently (or often) get bent up in the accumulation go-go-go mentality (like Saturday, but that is a accomplished altered post...I planned a "mellow" accumulation "endurance" ride that concluded up actuality a hammerfest and I got alone absolutely quickly. It was funny/ironic because I had organized the accomplished affair and about 20 bodies showed up and again I concluded up solo!)University admission