Saturday, January 22, 2011

Ho hum

Back to life as usual! although some would consider that life as usual around here is quite unusual

today has so far included:

"sleeping in"until 6 am

4100 yards master's swim at 7

then a 5 hour, 90 mile ride out to Ramona in the January sunshine with James, Trevor, Lesley, Caroline, and Weeger

Trevor, Weeger, James & Caroline

Lesley setting the pace up the climb to Ramona

Lots of sunshine = good bike shadows and no extra clothes!

apparently 17.5 is the new 15. Miles per hour that is...this ride would usually be 15 ish mph for me (its got a little more than 5,000 feet of climbing). But, the husband (who thinks he is Cancellara on his new Shiv) won't let me slack anymore after reading my blog from last week. He's convinced I only speed it up for other people and slack off around him :)

now, i'm parked on the couch for just a bit for a little compression, elevation, and eating some kabocha squash (have you tried it? if not, RUN to the store it's pretty awesome) & greek yogurt.
Zoot compression & a stack of pillows = heaven!
All training no family time? Nope! been with him since 6am! talk about quality time :)
Tomorrow will be more of the same, but swim will be substituted with a little more running....just the usual "ho-hum" around here.

8 comments:

Beth said...

I like your "ho-hum"!!! :) Great training - keep up the awesome work!

Christi said...

My ho-hum is not as epic as yours but did include 3 workouts today! Now I am ready for bed!

Jill Costantino said...

Team Walsh is going to ROCK this year:)

Teresa said...

Keep it up girl!

Shan said...

Would love for a weekend of your ho-hum!! Riding on the trainer is starting to take it's toll on my mental well-being ;-).

Heidi Austin said...

sounds like a good day to me! 90 miles is pretty epic this early in the season :)

MissFancyPants said...

you crack me up! At least you got to spend QT with the man!

Melissa said...

You guys are crazy!