Friday, July 8, 2011

Vive July!

Without a doubt, my favorite time of year is the first 3 weeks of July. My father has great taste in sporting events, and I was raised on the Tour de France (and the America's cup). Now that I actually ride a bike, and have time to enjoy le Tour, I am an avid tour follower. I really like the cycling, I love the announcing, and I especially love the less-guilty feeling I have from sitting on my couch between workouts each morning to catch up on the latest stage. Somehow, watching the Tour feels less sloth-like than watching The View or Rachel Ray.
This years route....save the best for last! 

For me, these few weeks are the golden time of year. Three weeks of sunshine, loads of training, Tour watching, cold watermelon, a dip in the pool after a hot run,  and that overwhelming feeling of SUMMER in general. I'm becoming a Thor fan (it's the Tour de Thor!), as he's held onto Yellow all week and finished the top 10 in every stage! I'm also hoping Andy Schleck comes through big time in the mountains, and that at some point Team Radio Shack gets a break. I'd love to see Levi or Chris Horner (who writes an awesome blog after each stage) come through...

In other news, my dwindling paychecks with dwindle even faster now that Whole Foods has opened less than one mile from my front door. James and I are already happy customers...
mmm...i love a fresh white Hanes v-neck

And soon we'll be even happier (and greener) customers when we get these new townie bikes to ride there on summer nights...Flat pedals- woo! We need cruising bikes to properly enjoy our town of Encinitas. I think I can throw a basket on the back.


This Felt (maybe different colors) is a frontrunner right now...


Hope you're enjoying July as much as I am. I started today with a 4500yd masters swim, oat bran & blueberries, Tour Stage 7 (crashfest!), and now off for a coffee ride with James and our neighbors. I'll cap off the afternoon with a beach meetup with my favorite girls and a practice ocean swim for Sunday's sprint tri. The waves are big and I'm nervous. Enjoy the day-  'Tis the season!

3 comments:

GoBigGreen said...

Oh boy did you see LEVI ride the rails in stage 6 ( think it was 6) ouch, that looked painful. Ya i am with you on the TDF and you forgot, the prelude to the TDF was Winbledon:) doesnt get much better than that!

jc said...

there's nothing rich loves better than riding to wholefoods on our town bikes to do the grocery shopping... nice that you guys have one within a mile!

X-Country2 said...

Whole Foods makes me so happy. The paninis alone are heaven.

I also meant to tell you congrats to your sister who's having twins! YAY! They are the best. I just did a blog post about their first birthday if she's super bored. (Or wants to see how cute they turn out. :o) Also, if she's into message boards, or visited TheKnot while wedding planning, the bump has a multiples board. It's fantastic.
http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/4236702/ShowForum.aspx