Monday, November 21, 2011

Bringin' out the big guns

FIRST.. I am an auntie x2! My sister had 2 little muffins on Wednesday the 16th and everyone is happy and healthy. I can't wait to squeeze them! Thanks sis, for having 2 and appeasing the grandparents- I'm off the hook for a while!


Ellie & Luke on the way home from the hospital.




On Friday, James and I hit the road to go spectate at Ironman Arizona. We had lots of friends racing and can always use a good excuse to head to the dez to ride our bikes in some new places..
Friday afternoon James, me , and his Mo hit the road..
I call him "Jimmy Mo-Lester"





We made it to our friend Tom's house by sunset & were up bright and early for some bike riding. I met up with Jordan and we cruised a loop through Beeline hwy & bush hwy. We had so much fun catching up that I almost stopped complaining that we had a headwind in every direction
Pit stop with Jordan at Saguaro lake:



Jordan all smiles before we realize the wind has changed direction...

After the ride, we headed to the ironman expo to see friends and help out. James chilled with the Skinfit crew




While I headed to a photo shoot for 3GO magazine with the awesome Larry Rosa for an article on "Going Pro".. Lucky for me, I got to pose-down with one of my favorite competitors, Jess Smith, who just turned pro (and crushed it- 9:33 at IMAZ- holy crap).





While hanging out for photos, i also got to spend some time with the lovely Sue Hutter- she brings happy with her everywhere & I love it!
After some quality expo time with the Zoot crew & our neighbor Justin, we cruised to an early dinner/bedtime




Sunday we got up dark and early for a couple hours on our road bikes before hitting Ironman Arizona










We got to IMAZ in time to watch the second half of the bike. Having our bikes at the race was a huge bonus and we were able to get ALL over the course to cheer on the racers.

What can I say about the racing other than.. WOW. My friends at SOAS said it best with this cute tee they designed for IMAZ..




There was some insane talent out there and I had such a fun time watching the women's pro race. Seeing my friends (and heroes!) Linsey & Meredith go 9hrs and BELOW was inspiring, motivating, and showed me what is possible in this sport (and how far I have to go!)...
Fast and full of class :) 
 Beyond that it was great to see Jess smash her first pro race & Charisa made it into a new zip code pulling out a 9:22. And that was just the beginning..it was so awesome tiring my voice out and getting to witness the fitness of all of the racers.
Serious spectating:





Today we're headed back to San Diego but we squeezed in some singletrack before leaving. It's been probably 8 months since I've been on my mountain bike and
It was super fun (and scary in a good way)..





Now I'm in the car and napping intermittently while my chauffeur (hey, I can call him whatever I want until he shaves that thing!) finishes this weekend adventure off..
And I can't stop thinking how lucky I am..
To be an auntie,

To have three sports & many more friends who inspire me

To have a husband who supports me, waits at the top of the hills, and is a best friend who likes to do all this crap with me...and let's blog on my iPhone while he drives across the desert back to the coast

7 comments:

Christi said...

What a great weekend! Your niece and newphew are adorable! Congrats to your sister!

GoBigGreen said...

Great Weekend. It's that time of your Beth to keep up the dessert pics since we are grey and grey and white as our national winter colors here.
Twins. Wow. I just told a girl i know today who is 8 mos prego " good luck with that." and pointed at her tummy.
Yup you know your non parent friends. Happy Turkey day!

GZ said...

No talking down the Mo. The Mo is IT.

FatDad said...

loving the retro super 8 filter on the pics. that and Jimmy's stashe give the whole thing a real 70's flavor...tasty!

being30something said...

I <3 Larry Rosa!

jc said...

great post - what a fun weekend!

Born To Endure said...

Super cool..congrats!