Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Toast to 2011

It was a fantastic year to be a part of the Nytro Women's racing team. I will be forever grateful for the opportunities I've been given as an amateur in this sport. To compete and smile with this group of ladies has been more than what I could have hoped for when I started triathlon. Special thanks to Kristin , Skip at Nytro, and Zoot for making the team come to life. 


 I'm not going to do a whole 2011 "Season review" this year because.....hmmm.....well,  you are probably sick of hearing about how awesome I am.


Okay, well maybe a  three-bullet mini season review for me, myself, and my mom. After all, this is my blog and I started it to remember this all... Thanks to love and support from all around, 2011 brought me:
* 3 overall amateur champion titles at Ironman Texas, California 70.3, and Timberman 70.3
* My first sub-10 Ironman finish (9:53 in Texas)
* PR times At the Ironman World Championships and Ironman 70.3 World Championships (the inaugural one is always a PR, eh?)
A HUGE thank you to Dirk, my amazing coach who made my dreams a reality.
I like to think I'm special, but actually, I just wasn't at that race where they took that running photo :) 





And now, it's on to the next chapter for me. Yep, I'm going pro in 2012. It's now or never and I'm not one to allow space in my life for woulda-coulda-shoulda's. I can't wait to document the next chapter on my blog. Thank you all for sharing with me and motivating me (often more than myself) on a daily basis.

41 comments:

mtanner said...

Behind you chickie 100%! Love your honesty.

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

AWESOME! And, big props to you for going for it. No regrets.

Beth said...

Woop woop!! :)

Christi said...

Congrats on a great decision! I wish you the best in your rookie year!

Carolina John said...

Wow, go for it Beth! You did have a great 2011 and you're going to crush some pro's in 2012. Nice job.

MissFancyPants said...

so happy for you!!!! This is gonna be an awesome year for you!

Kim said...

woohooo!!!!!

runninggunner said...

Congrats Beth!!! A great 2011 and can't wait to see what 2012 brings.

Kim said...

It's been a good year for you Beth! way to go! Excited to start this next chapter beside you! Here's to 2012 being an exciting year! Bring it!

Marcia said...

Congratulations!

Zuke said...

Congrats Beth. It's been fun reading up on Team Walsh this season. Looking forward to more report in 2012.

Melissa said...

Amazing! Best of luck to you I bet you'll do amazing. Can't wait to follow along.

cheryl said...

congrats! enjoy the adventure!

Teresa said...

Congratultions!! You are amazing!

Matt said...

stellar 2011 season, stoked to see the progess into 2012!! Way to kill it out there this year, impressive!

GoBigGreen said...

awesome:)

roseandthistle said...

Wow that's amazing, congrats! Love the blog btw, am sure you're going to rock it being pro!

Yasi said...

I noticed that little tidbit on you Twitter profile yesterday and I let out a little yelp. I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU! This i sgreat and I can't wait to continue reading along.

Jill Costantino said...

Woohoo! You are going to ROCK the Rookie Year! GOOOO BETH!

runningyankee said...

good luck! you're an amazing athlete who has more great things to come

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

Congrats! DOes this mean more racing and more race reports on the blog! Hurray!

J.P. Patrick said...

Does this make James a professional sherpa?!!

jameson said...

J.P.... yes it does... I have to step my game up we are in the big leagues now!

brightcheerygirl said...

That is amazing!!! Congratulations. Thank you for being such an inspiration.

krystyna47 said...

YES that is amazing!!!!!!!! Great season, can't wait to read all about what 2012 brings! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see what you can do!

Alison said...

Congrats - hope to see you at some races!

Diana said...

Congratulations!! You will rock it in Pro land! Can't wait to read all about it. Enjoy and have a blast.

Heidi Austin, PT, DPT said...

congrats! such an amazing year watching you kick so much a@@!!!

skinnyrunner said...

does this mean you get to sign autographs for people and have a personal umbrella holder because that would be awesome. congrats!

Running Bums said...

Congrats Beth! It will be fun to watch you racing with all of the Pro Girls:)

mmmonyka said...

Congrats! It's very exciting!

Btw, I'm not sick hearing how awesome you are:)

kb said...

Sweet! You will be on my favorite pro list!! Don't worry, it's a short list! :-)

FatDad said...

Congrats on a great season. Here's to what 2012 will bring.

Tejas Runner said...

Congrats! Very exciting! We look forward to seeing what your first pro season brings!

allison said...

That's so awesome!! Totally stoked for you and to see your adventure and journey in 2012.

SixTwoThree said...

Ah-ha! We were so hoping you'd turn pro :-) That's so cool. Very excited for you!

X-Country2 said...

How cool! Can't wait to read all about it!!

Simone said...

Congratulations Beth!!! :-) xo

Dolly said...

So excited for you. You are an amazing athlete. Good Luck! Go Beth Go!

cheryl said...

Great year! And congrats on going pro! So are you taking a sabbatical from your school position? I can't imagine doing both!