Saturday, January 14, 2012

En Route!

The deal with a long point-to-point ride is that, in our case, you may need to travel to get to the start....Katya & I left on Thursday for Santa Barbara. We awoke Friday morning to a beautiful sunrise from our friend's house up in the hills.

After a quick jog, we hit the road (packed 5 people & 5 bikes into a Ford Expedition, I kid you not!!!)
Randy's car packing skills are unparalled.

Not the sunrise, but shortly thereafter


jogging around

Stopped for coffee at a cyclist's coffee shop

After several stops, including lunch in San Luis Obispo, we made it to San Francisco in time for dinner. Now all that's left to do is to ride 400 miles back down to where we came from. The Coast Ride is underway.


Hoping for sunny skies and tail winds...I'll check in with updates as long as I can see straight!

4 comments:

Tracey Locher said...

Good luck to you on this ride! Love your posts and my husband is (more than a little) jealous of all the AWESOME gear and equipment you get to "play" with! Safe travels!

Christi said...

I hope you have a great time with great weather!

MissFancyPants said...

Sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to hear all about it - sounds like a fun crew.

TRI-ROB said...

Oh my LORD! Gonna be SO much fun! Looking forward to reading all about it! Here's to good weather and strong legs!

Breathe...