Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Goodness

Not much time to post because we're headed out for my husband James' birthday. He's a ripe ole 34. One of the only guys I know who actually can't wait to get older...He's dying to be 35 to race in the Master's 35+ division with his ancient cycling buddies....
Getting ready for his birthday ride. The sun came out and we enjoyed 70+ degree sunny skies with the Wednesday team . 
Getting reacquainted with my friend ROB (run off bike). Not a bad day to do so. 


Backing up a bit......Our dear friend Heather (future 70.3 World Champion, mark my words) ran a 1:16 half marathon in Carlsbad on Sunday. Off very little (if any) speedwork. Be afriad, ladies! We popped some bubbly to celebrate with coach Pete

My SLICE has finally arrived. Just in time, 10 weeks until Oceanside 70.3! It's at Nytro being built up right now- Can't wait to share the bike geekiness of it in my next post.

From bike geekiness to swim geekery. I clearly bribed the swim coach by telling him how awesome he was on my blog, so he would give me the "most improved swimmer" award at our Masters swim team party. No, really. This means more than you can imagine since I swim Masters an average of 5 times per week. Swim progress don't come cheap 'round here. Cost me lots of hours, yards, poorly executed flip turns, saggy worn out swimsuits, extra trips to the hairdresser,  pounds of lotion, and at least 3 wet hair days per week when I stay in for that last "fast 200" or whatever when I should be already showered on my way to work. 

My goodness, that's a lot of goodness going on around here. It's not all sunshine and roses, I promise. Luckily, only James, Donna & Pete witnessed my "I-want-to-throw-my-bike-over-the-guard-rail-and -I-am SO-not-recovered-from-the-coast-ride" episode on Sunday. 

7 comments:

Jill said...

I just joined Masters Swim this month and LOVE it. But the hair, dry skin does have it's draw backs...but it's all worth it. Nothing like swimming. I love your blog and think anyone who does any ironman is AMAZING! I'm training to do a half ironman...but probably not until next summer.

Beth said...

That's a lot of swimming! You definitely earned that award!

Christi said...

Congrats on your improvement in swim! That is great!

Melissa said...

You are amazing! I really need to start swimming again!

GoBigGreen said...

Heather is from New Hampshire, now i like her even more. I was wondering how Rob was, glad you are back at it, i think the time off running last winter helped me come summer, hopefully the same for you. And you know if you are swimming ANY Of that indoors you do deserve more than a medal. nice!

Cathleen Knutson said...

I loved that you added that bit about it not being all sunshine and roses. We’re all allowed a few bouts of crankiness every once in a while, especially as training ramps up. Athough it certainly sounds like you have a lot of great things going already this year.

Matt said...

man he is old... racing masters already... what a grandpa ;)