Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pimp my ride

Hunker down, boys, this one's for you! No, actually its for the ladies too (except for maybe my 2 girlfriends who aren't into bikes or triathlon that read this). Sometimes ladies like to geek out on their carbon & componentry too.


Ready for some miles! 
I've never been so geeked out on a bike before, but I've also never had the opportunity to work with someone like Mandy at Cannondale who has helped me build the bike of my dreams. Each part is perfection for me. 

Here is the rundown of what we've got on there....
Frame: Women's Cannondale Slice 
Chainrings/Crankset: 53/39 SRAM Red Black
Brakes/Derailleurs/Brake Levers: SRAM Red Black
Shifters: SRAM R2C Aero shifters (return to center- these are so cool!)
Saddle: ISM Adamo Racing 2 saddle with Betty Designs signature graphics (true love in a saddle!)
Aero Bars: 3T Mistral  (so cool, the extensions are mounted under the bars to get my best position)
Stem: FSA SL-K 110cm +/-6
Training wheels: SRAM S60
Cassette: 11/28 SRAM Red
Tires: Continental 4000

My undying love to all those who have helped me make this bike happen, ensuring that I have no excuses in the bike department in 2012.

Thanks to Chris, Russ, and the guys at Nytro for building it up (in a rush, I might add!) and helping me make little (but important!) fixes.
Thanks to SRAM & 3T for helping the new girl ride in style.

 Nestor & Darla at Studeo DNA have given me the perfect Retul fit and spent hours making sure I'm fast and comfortable.
Nes dialing it in


And last, but most certainly not least, thank you to Cannondale :
Took it out for a spin on the coast yesterday...and yes....it IS my perfect ride.

12 comments:

J. L. said...

Wow, that's an amazing pimped out ride. Funny, I went bike shopping yesterday and didn't even come close to that. Nope. Wow. Love that bike.

marian said...

gorgeous! you are one lucky woman!

Christi said...

What a gorgeous ride! Congrats on the new bike! I hope you have many miles of great fun!

jc said...

Gottaq love the 11-28T cassette... bike will race up and down hills with that!

Matt said...

Looks sick! Congrats

Marcia said...

Beth, I hope you do not mind asking me about the gearing on your bike. I'm curious if your bike shop had a hard time with that set up?

I have a similar setup on my bike (not the components yours are way nicer :)) but when I had it installed the made some comment that it was difficult to get that gear combination to work. They made it work so I am not sure what the fuzz was about.

Julie said...

Where's the "like" button? :D I've been creeping your blog for a while now, and just love your positive attitude, sense of humour, work ethic, and humility. You kick ass. :)

Alison said...

I love the back to center shifters... wish I had them!

GoBigGreen said...

Coolio. And i am sorry i love running but nothing you can really do on a RUN is as COOL and RAD as what you can do with a bike. Hands down. Vroom Vroom.

Michelle said...

That is one nice ride!

Mickey said...

Awesome ride you got there! It's undoubtedly made of the finest parts. Riding that one on the road can truly attract some very long, admiring stares, and people will notice it even more than the bigger cars around.

Mickey Doshi

johnadmin said...

Nice Post.


HOSTING Services
HOSTING IT
IT HOSTING