Saturday, February 18, 2012

Anyone Home?

My favorite time to blog is the weekend (because I actually have time), however, it seems many folks disappear from the blogiverse until Monday mornings when they are back at their desk.
Anybody home?

Anyway, not much to report other than that my school is on February break next week! (Way to hook you in with a real audience killer. eh? "not much to report..." ) Last year, this meant a 500 mile bike week. This year, it means train hard, not too long, and recover well. Since I gave up logging my workouts, I won't have any freakouts that I'm "not doing enough" or "not tired/haggard enough". I need to remind myself that I am not Ironman training right now, so the volume should feel a little different. Funny, now that I'm not decimating myself every week, my T-runs are 7 minute pace rather than 8 minute pace without killing myself. Progress? We shall see on race day!

Not sure what I will do with my extra "free time" next week. We have a second bedroom that is really just James' "office", an ancient crappy ikea bed, and his chest of drawers that is literally falling apart and busted open at the seams. So, operation 2nd bedroom? My problem (do you have this problem?) is that when we like to spend our money on racing and travel, it's hard to justify the extra expenses to invest in a nice new room. I declare my 30s the time to move (mostly) on from IKEA, and this is the last IKEA room standing. Time to go down! I'm off to take a "before" picture, maybe that will motivate me.

Ok, before we move on to next week, it's time to finish this one off. It's been good so far....

A 3-hour ride with the "enemy"..Thanks for the lead out B & L boys  Keith & Jose, but I'm still a Nytro girl as long as they put up with me!  
Testing out the 2012 Zoot gear. LOVING their Ultra Team Cycle Apparel (by "Team" they mean everyone...get yours!) 
Great minds....Kristin and I showed up to Rehab United strength sesh in matching Zoots (her: TT 5.0, me Tempo 5.0 ) & purple tights & black tops... Geeks squared!

That's all I got, friends! Enjoy the weekend! 

11 comments:

Running Bums said...

So at what age do you make the transition from Goodwill and Junkyard finds to Ikea (now that I know that transition from Ikea takes place in your 30's)?:) I spend all my money on food but thankfully track entries are a couple hundred bucks less than Ironman ($15!) so maybe I can start saving for this Ikea phase:)

JC said...

Love the blue/purple - is that the color of the season?
Sure hope we get the "holiday" Monday next year here in BC.
Enjoy the week, and WOW you are getting SO frickin FAST!

Jennifer said...

Geez, I was just thinking the same thing... where is everybody? Sat morning I want to read blog posts! Thanks for posting. I can't believe you don't log workouts; I'd go nuts :-)

Jill said...

It's like the business district, during the weekends it really is a ghost town in blog world. I always think that! Enjoy your free time!

Matt said...

weekend whats that...seems like its all a blur now :) the new zoot kits look slick.

SSB said...

Me! I blog and read blogs on the weekend. That's about the only time I have too!

Christi said...

Have a great week!

SixTwoThree said...

You're so good at posting regularly! Finally put up a post that I meant to put a while ago. Check it out on for the pics if you're short on time between oatmeal and swim session ;-) There's a furniture store that's on the tip of my tongue - grrr, I'll get back to you on it. Think you might like it a lot. But I'm basing that on your taste in shoes, swimsuits, and components - is that so wrong?

SixTwoThree said...

I'm back. The store is Room and Board. They have a really nice catalog. Kind of pricey, but there might be a couple of pieces you might want to splurge on.

Katie said...

Ha, I also have an empty/mismatched guest room because I'd rather spend my money on triathlon....and that's ok :) nice shoes!

Jamie said...

That is the good thing about Ikea stuff. It eventually just crumbles and forced you to grow up and get "grown up" stuff.

My dresser just shattered this week just by I closing it. Time for me to grow up.