Friday, March 23, 2012

Cruise control....

I'm finding a great rhythm between balancing things in my life. I've really let go of the "volume monstress" I used to be and now take each day to be the best I can.

Previously (2010 & 2011), I would take each day to do the most that I could. I 100% believe that was the right recipe for me at the time- I needed to truly build (from the ground up) the miles of swimming, cycling, and running in my legs that I had never done before. But, holy TIRED! All...the...time...

Now, I feel like I'm able to build on those 2 years as volume queen of my block and I truly see things coming around to what feels like faster than ever. I have more energy than ever and I'm pouring it into my workouts and seeing better results. And for the first time, I'm actually loving going hard! I take the easy days EASY and then give it all on those hard days....Being surrounded by the best people makes my job easy. The sunshine and scenery never hurt either....

The hard work is done, and it's time to cruise because it's T minus 8 days until California 70.3....SO freaking excited.

2 weeks after Oceanside,  I plan on giving that Cannondale Lexi mountain bike a little ride out in Vegas for the Xterra West Championships. What kind of moron would enter the pro field at an Xterra champs race when she has never done an off-road tri before?

THIS KIND OF MORON! 

Or maybe it's just an excuse to go places like this on a random Thursday afternoon. you know, "training". 

11 comments:

MissFancyPants said...

You are going to do awesome at OC 70.3 - I love hearing people that are loving their training, very motivational.BTW I think OC may be a next year race for me-that or I am convincing Yasi we need to do the Coast ride...

JC said...

Not too shabby of a (Friday Junior Day) aka Thursday! So pretty.
You are going to kick some BOOTAY at OC!

runninggunner said...

Xterra racing? Awesome! Those trails look wicked.

FatDad said...

What's got two thumbs and is racing XTerra?
SoCal spring looks, well, kinda like SoCal 'rest of the year': gorgeous!

Unknown said...

"THIS KIND OF MORON" = effin hilarious!

rr said...

Yeah, Off-road-moron-Skipper! I love this idea.

ajann0924 said...

Best of luck at cali70.3, def rooting for former Philly/Pa girl!! I was/am born and raised in sub ribs of Philly, love ur blog and work ethic. Go phillies!!!

allison said...

SO rad!! Go, Beth!!!

Libby said...

oh so beautiful! you will kick even more ass off road I bet :) getting excited for your debut girl I just know you are going to kick ass! love that you've translated volume to speed. I'm thinking thats a dangerous combo for your competition! get after it girl! will be twitter stalking you for all the updates on race week! good luck girl!

Katie said...

beautiful views, you make me want to explore more. Excited to watch your pro debut this weekend! Crush it :)

cheryl said...

you will LOVE xterra races! (would still be doing them if I hadn't started riding a mtn. bike at age 50-just can't get the hang of going downhill fast!) Have fun!