Thursday, March 1, 2012

Surprise!

This week has been full of fun surprises:


1) Although I didn't win, I was surprised and excited to find that USATriathlon had given me Honorable Mention for female amateur triathlete of the year in 2011. USA Triathlon has over 140,000 members, so it was an honor to even be mentioned...hmmm...maybe that's why its called an honorable mention. Regardless, it was one of those things I found out about on twitter. Yet another reason I love twitter... The full article is here.

2) Another pony has posted up in our stable...Any guesses?


3) A different kind of interview with Intelligent Triathlon Training- a british website with great interviews on several olympians and coaches- I loved the recent interviews with Gwen Jorgensen & Jarrod Shoemaker. Although I'm not yet frying any Olympic sized fish, they were kind enough to ask me some interesting questions about psychology and triathlon. My full interview is here.

Any how. I hope the surprises are not over because I'd LOVE to surprise myself at the season opening bust-out-the-cobwebs (And the wetsuit- speaking of, hope I can find that thing....) Desert International Triathlon in Palm Desert, CA. James is away business racing his bike, so I'm excited to road trip with the ladies!

Just gotta get through a busy Friday at work, pack and then we're off!

13 comments:

SSB said...

Great interview. Can't wait to see how the new training works for you. That's pretty much my plan and listening to everyone riding 5-6 hour rides right now is making me question it. (Not enough to change...mostly because I never have a desire to do 5-6 hour rides...especially 5 months before an IM).

Marcia said...

Congrats all around. Very exciting to see you got press. Hopefully you get many more.

Melissa said...

Congrats on your recognition and love the bike so far!

GoBigGreen said...

Nice Beth, and fun to see some of our MN guys in there as well. Good luck this weekend!

Running Bums said...

That's legit! And fun article too! I'd say you are repping well in the Year of the Diva!:)

MissFancyPants said...

Congratulations on all of this!

Katie said...

great interview, and congrats! have a fun weekend!

Matt said...

I will guess....a Mountain Bike??

Tracey Locher said...

Great article... very inspiring! Congrats on your USTA award and good luck at the Desert Tri! I will be there doing my first international (athena category) and look forward to cheering for you when you hit your first pro podium!! :-)

Kristin said...

Great Article...You are very inspiring. I look forward to your race season!! Congrats on going pro!! :)

Wassdoc said...

congratulations on the HM. Wow!

KALeigh said...

What a great article Beth! So awesome...let me know when you come back east to visit the 'rents. All the best, KAL

tri-diet said...

Are those skinny knobbies I see in the picture? Perhaps a Cross bike?
Congrats on the article!