Thursday, April 5, 2012

California 70.3: Please hold....


Ok folks, it's Thursday and I haven't begun my race report! Life is on the crazy train right now and I've had my busiest week of work ever. That, combined with a few nights of wine with my girlfriends has left me exhausted... But, I'm so excited to sit down this weekend and knock it out because there was SO much I learned from this race and I have such a clear picture of where I need to go now...

My overall performance at Cali 70.3 was beyond what I believed I could do right now in a few areas,  and was only possible because of the folks who believed in me more than I did in myself. I am so lucky that Coach Pete, James, Heather, Donna, & Katya have made me believe in myself... Sure, my bike ride was dismal, but it wasn't indicative of how I know I can ride right now- and that, right there, is an awesome feeling...For the first time, I actually believe I'm better than that. Usually, it's "well,l I rode to my capabilities"...Nope....Done with that and so looking forward to the road ahead. 
I'll be back this weekend with a full report, but until then:
I swam a 28-smthg, rode 2:41, and ran from 14th place to 8th place with a 1:20 run
and a big smile
Add caption

8 comments:

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

So excited to read your report. And I guess my prediction was partly true...you did come in second for the run after Heather (LOL).
I am working with your old coach Lucho right now...does that mean I am going to get as fast as you?
It is amazing to me that you can take 2-3 months off running and come back and have such a stellar run! Rockstar!

beth said...

Ana - Maria - LUCHO taught me everything i know and believe about running- wouldn't be here without him...you are in excellent hands! (and so speedy yourself!)

elizabeth said...

I love that your photo says "Add Caption", it's like Mad Libs for Tri Nerds. And go have another glass of vino!

MissFancyPants said...

U deserve so much wine!!! Way to kick ass!!

Mary IronMatron said...

I was so psyched to watch (track) from afar -- witnessing you run your way up to 8th! Just awesome.

Katie said...

girl, look at that smile! can't wait to hear about it.

Christi said...

I love the pic! That is love of sport right there!

GoBigGreen said...

I havent even unpacked from camp so i think the 1 week satute of limitations holds for race reports for sure.
Nice swim girl.