Thursday, April 12, 2012

Vegas, Baby!

Today I'm off to Vegas for my first ever Xterra off-road triathlon- Xterra West Championships. I will be joining the pro field so I am predicting quite the entertaining race report in just a few days.


1.5k swim, 30k mountain bike, 10k run




I am armed with my Cannondale Women's Lexi and ready to go!
Lexi "lefty" ready to roll
Typical Vegas weather is hot and dry. Just my style. "Lucky" for me, it is going to be chilly and rainy according to the forecast. WTF? Seriously, rain in VEGAS? Oh well, the more mud the better...

I hear the course is all UP or DOWN. And more than one person has described it as similar to riding on the moon. Sounds like the most technical part of the course is the loose rock/ sandy descents...
Going up! 
moon walk
We shall see. I have a pre-ride of the course planned with Rich & Kate on Friday so I'm hoping I build some confidence by knowing the course a little bit.

Ok, off to Vegas, baby!

9 comments:

JB said...

I'm sure you've got some mad skillz lurking beneath... can't wait to cheer you on!

SSB said...

Good luck this weekend.

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

Good luck!!!

Jamie said...

Mud and rocks?! There will at least be some interesting finisher pics!

Good luck and have a blast.

Christi said...

Have a great race!

Timothy Marriott said...

Good luck Beth! I'll see ya out there. It's a fun course, you are going to kill it!!! Word of warning... The water is freaking cold!

idropboys said...

Cannot wait to hear the details....sorry no FOMO on this one. We need to ride soon GIRL!!!

FatDad said...

good luck. still makes me do a double take to read 'first xterra'...

Kristin said...

GOoD Luck!!