Saturday, June 23, 2012

Allez-y! (Let's go!)

Port of Nice...
Of course there is free wi-fi in my hotel. But of course I am in the room where there is no connection. Or maybe they tell everyone that. Anyway, I'm keeping this short so I can head back to my room for a little siesta before bike check-in tonight....

Race week prep has been excellent. I was lucky to have some French amis who took me out and showed me 112 mile one loop bike course on Thursday. We rode drove the entire loop, getting out of the car for all of the tricky descents. Yes, they are tricky. Lots of switchbacks, but all manageable. Instead of blowing my confidence, the pre-ride actually boosted it. I think I can do this and not lose too much time descending.
Bike course...we ride through 17 of the little hilltop villages you see below...In between- lots of up and down!

Today I have spent doing my last mini workouts, preparing my billions of Ironman things, and feeding myself. My bicycle has gotten plenty of TLC from Tino from SRAM Europe and the Slice is ready to roll.


Bike love & Breakfast
The race starts at 6:25am Sunday here (9:25pm PST)...The field is stacked at the pointy end with former IM France champions Tine Deckers, Martina Dogana, & Alexandra Louison) and also 9x IM champ Gina Crawford...So my work is cut out for me, but I'm ready to give it a go. Ironman is a long race and my goal is to stay in the moment, work hard, and breathe.

Allez Allez! 



8 comments:

thepumpkinsdiary said...

Good Luck Beth!!

runninggunner said...

Have a great race. Sounds like a killer experience.

SixTwoThree said...

Go get 'em girl! I will track you tonight for sure!!!

Katie said...

Best of luck tomorrow!

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

Go Beth! Getting giddy over here for you:)

kerensamarie said...

Good luck Beth! We love tracking you over here in Oz. France is a full on course, can't wait to read your report :)

trideano said...

you there with Katia? Its' a great run course. You are gonna kill it...h ope it not too hot thought.

Rosa Michelle said...

Best of luck Beth..
My brother has been to the Port of Nice, and its amazing, I wish you great success!