Monday, June 4, 2012

Hawaii 70.3




I'm enjoying my last night on the Big Island of Hawaii, so no real race report yet. But, I'm happy to report that I finally put together a solid swim-bike-run all on the same day, imagine that!
My first (long awaited!)  Umeke wooden bowl
I finished 3rd female overall in 4:31:47 (new 70.3 best) with some well-rounded splits and the fastest female run of the day. The conditions of the day were windy and epic and it was a great day to simply finish that race.
And my first Hawaiian podium boy...
I was incredibly honored to share the podium with champion & new course record holder Linsey Corbin (4:26:09) and Julia Grant (4:30:17).

Standing on stage with Lance Armstrong who won the men's race, Greg Bennett (2nd) and Chris Lieto (3rd) was pretty  surreal as well...
I think Lance was as excited about his Umeke bowl as I was! 

I am so thankful for the support of the so many people who are helping me realize and live my dreams more and more each day. This was an incredibly special experience that I will always remember.

The dirty deets of the race and fun times (around the race) will come later this week (back to work Tuesday morning!). So, until then, ALOHA!



P.S. I guess those pre-race sangria's with Rachel weren't such a bad idea after all! 

Race video where I sneak in around 3:03 ....



23 comments:

marian said...

congratulations! what a fabulous job!

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

It was such a a great feeling to watch you have such an amazing race and see your name many times on the ironman blog, "Speedy Beth". Huge congrats!

mmmonyka said...

Huge congrats!!!!

You forgot to say that you got your first podium paycheck as well :)

Rose said...

Yeah girl!!! So awesome! Saw you running at OC Tri, wish I could run like that! Congratulations!

idropboys said...

So darn impressed and happy for you..it was awesome tracking you run down all those girls. Cheers!!!

Melissa Marie Head said...

Awesome work! How cool congrats congrats

GoBigGreen said...

Wow, very cool Beth. Love all the smiles and of course the paycheck!

Christi said...

Congrats Beth! That is very good news. Keep up the great work!

Dolly said...

Wow!. Lindsey Corbin broke the course record that day and you were only 5 minutes behind her. I see big things happening in your future. You are an amazing athlete and an inspiration to us normal athletes.

X-Country2 said...

So awesome!

SSB said...

Congrats on a great race. It was fun to "watch" you run your way up to 3rd.

Christine said...

I kept yelling at the computer for you to GOGOGO and catch 3rd! Awesome job!

JB said...

super impressed... loved seeing your bike split!

Jennifer Harrison said...

AWESOME race, Beth! HUGE congrats!!!!

Alison said...

Congrats on your awesome result!

SixTwoThree said...

I couldn't be happier for you! Nice to see it all come together for an amazing race, especially w/all those long rides and early swims. Kudos to you, James, and the champion factory!

R said...

Woo Hoo! Great job, can't wait for the race report.

Wassdoc said...

Seems like you had a lot of people yelling at their computers. First of all, you have done an incredible job on your swim. What a testimony, that you are coming out of the water ready to compete with anyone. Your bike continues to improve, and you can run like the wind. When I saw where you were coming off the bike, I knew that you had a chance to get on the podium. I'm sure that the heat and wind made that run even sweeter. You must have been in a lot of pain, but so was everyone else, and you still ran fast! Congratulations, enjoy the moment!

Princess in Training said...

So freaking cool!! I've been reading your blog for years and its been so much fun to watch you transform into a world class athlete!! Keep killin' it girl:)

MissFancyPants said...

Can't wait to see the race report! Nice job!

Kristin said...

Congrats on a awesome race!!

Katie said...

WOWZA! I hope the RR is buried deeper in my reader because I can't wait to hear all about it. so many congrats!!

Rosa Michelle said...

Awesome girl.. U completely ROCK!!!
Thanks for being an inspiration for all of us.