Monday, July 2, 2012

We're not done yet! Ironman France aftermath

In France, the good stuff happens after the race....

They throw a serious awards party complete with a DJ and an open bar......The dance party went on until midnight (thank you to the aforementioned open bar for loosening up all the triathlete-types ;) and then the party moved locations to a hot sweaty pub that I was way too old for....It was not an early night, but well worth it and so fun to celebrate with the other athletes....
Women's podium... I'm 6 ;)

My last two days in France involved some beach time, exploring Nice, super easy shakeout spins to Monaco for coffee and a whole lotta stops at the Boulangeries....
I <3 Nice
Love getting lost in the tiny streets of Old Nice
A photographer friend, Fabrice, also sent along this photo from bike check in....Thanks Fabrice! 
And to all the wonderful Français I met on my trip who helped me out and were so very welcoming, Merci Beaucoup! 






After France, I flew straight to Chicago to spend some quality time with my sister and her twin 7-month old babies for a few days....



And after two weeks away, I flew home today with James to San Diego...and went straight to masters swim. #backtoreality but #realityisawesome 

3 comments:

JC said...

Great photos - WOW!
Those babes are adorable!
Super congrats again.

MissFancyPants said...

Love the cute dress you wore for the awards (of course that would be what I was looking at) and babies are freaking adorable! Congrats again!

hillary biscay said...

LOVING catching up on all of your pics and cannot wait to hear more about your adventures in person. reunion soon, please?!?!