Saturday, September 8, 2012

party at the Wisco Disco tomorrow....

First, thank you to all the notes of support and encouragement this week after reading my last post. I was truly amazed by how many people out there care enough to drop a line and tell me it will all be okay...One day soon, I'll write back to each and every one. But not today...or tomorrow...


Because tomorrow I'm racing Ironman Wisconsin! Whoa. Talk about a crazy week. But I'm here, I'm healthy, and hopefully ready to lay it down in cheese town at 6:50 a.m. tomorrow
Downtown finish at the capital
It's almost time to eat dinner and do some final race prep, but a quick update on the day...Ran around like crazy, filled up some bags with Ironman junk, quick ride & jog, drove the bike course, checked in bike & Ironman junk bags, ate some food and now here we are...The course is beautiful and screams Americana with cows, corn, silos and red barns everywhere. The terrain is like a never-ending rollercoaster of constant up and downs but nothing super sustained...love it. I was hoping for a hot & humid sufferfest, but looks like it'll top out at 68 degrees with colder temps in the morning so I'm bringing my arm warmers. Ok, even I'm getting bored, so, moving on...
Roller Derby at the Disco







Madison has been amazing so far and I'm staying with the sweetest homestay ever. Joann is hilarious, cool, and already feels like an old friend. Not to mention, she is the most hospitable person I have ever met in my life. I just barely mentioned that I eat gluten free before a race and I came home to loaves of GF bread, special scones, and cookies.

All that AND my college roomie Heather came up from Chicago to help me out and spectate the race. It means a lot and there's nothing quite as good as the company of an old dear friend.

That's all I've got from Ironman-eve. Feel free to track the party at ironman.com - i'll be thinking of you at every timing mat!

5 comments:

Ray said...

Beth, i've followed your blog for quite a while, welcome to the midwest, and here's hopimg you killed it out there on the race course!

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

Wow, so impressed with your race and you in general!

Timo. said...

Beth, it was a pleasure and an honor to have you visit us here in Wisocnsin. Sub-3 hours in the marathon!?! Second place woman!?! You are good! Way to go! And I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the home-stay with Joann Peck. She's special too.

Timo.

Born To Endure said...

OMG!!! I watched you finish live yesterday...I'm so excited for you..huge congrats!!!

Stefanie said...

Hi, ich finde Triathlon faszinierend. Ich habe erst mit Laufen und Schwimmen angefangen um die Fitness
Zu verbessern. Wenn ich jetzt noch Rennrad fahren beginne, könnte ich ja mal bei so einer Kurzdistanz mitmachen. Toller Sport