Saturday, October 27, 2012

Stormy


I started this post last Monday.....hmmmm...and now its Saturday. Busy week, I guess...

saw (& loved) this on TJs instagram. Sums up how I've been feeling lately. 
Well, we're getting nailed over here in SoCal for constantly posting Instagram photos of sunny skies, palm trees, bikinis, and sunsets. This weekend was gloomy at best and stormy at worst, but we keep on keepin' on. Sometimes it makes me feel like a real cyclist to tough it out in the rain, so Saturday my 90 miles + 5 mile brick run had me feeling gritty (figuratively and literally as I was covered in dirt by the end).
Dirty bikes, thanks for the pic, Courtney!
Courtney & John through the drizzle. 
Things ended up clearing up by mid-week, but fall is definitely in the air. Cool, dark mornings are making it tough to listen to that 5am alarm and get my butt to the pool. But the afternoons are sunshiny, so long as you get your ride done before dark...
"Fall" in SoCal

Now it's Saturday, I'm in Austin for the 70.3 this weekend. So far it's, well...Let's just say I need to explore the town more because all I've seen so far is highways, lots of traffic, a bit of farm land and it is REALLY COLD! I did not pack appropriately for this weather, so time to get creative on the race day kit today. The start list is massive. I'll have my work cut out for me!

2 comments:

JC said...

GooooooOOOOoooooOOO Beth! You will be AWESOME! Lay it down out there Chica!

Dallas said...

Thanks for the post. If you’re looking for california shuttle bus services then there is great resources for you out there.