Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas is coming....

Here's my list of things I'm wishing for as well as tried and true faves that keep me going in this swim, bike & run day after day. Hope you find this helpful when shopping for that crazy sporty girl in your life!

I really want this print...but can't remember where I found it.... Let me know if you know!



First, I had to start out with one "dream" gift. Just one. Because it's nice to dream big, right? Cannondale Women's SuperSix EVO. Equipped with new SRAM Red, of course. This bike was ridden by six awesome women this summer who completed the Rêve Tour and rode all the stages of the Tour de France one day before the boys. It's on my personal wish list. I'll have to be extra nice and not so naughty to get this one! (And don't forget to include a Retul fit at Studeo DNA or another highly qualified fitter. A bike this nice deserves a perfect fit. Oh yeah, and an ISM Saddle  boys, you will thank me!) 

wow.

Zoot Sports Ultra Kane 3.0 These are my go-to pair of Zoot training shoes. Much more substantial than the race models and fit for long miles and trails. Whenever I want a cush ride and head out the door on a long run, these are my choice.
Betty Designs Graffiti Trucker hat . Maybe no coincidence that it matches my Zoot Ultra Kane 3.0s, but I tend to grab this hat before all my long runs and clip my ipod shuffle onto the brim. Everyone else out there givin' it to 'emselves is in a visor, so be a little different and go with the trucker. makes me feel tough.
truck yeah
Trying to motivate for some winter riding adventures together? Every girl (or boy!) needs a pair of Zoot Sports Thermomegaheat Arm + Knee warmers . I wore mine today and they're super furry and plush. I also like how the knee warmers have a snug yet "forgiving" band around the thigh so you don't get double butt sausage leg.

Peanut Butter 'n Jelly High Protein Bonk Breakers . Party in your mouth with a protein punch to boot. I like to take 'em on long slow winter rides where a balanced nutritional profile (15g of protein!) is good because I'm burning fat and not all my glycogen. They're also a nice recovery snack if I have to run to my desk at work or am anywhere on the go. Stuff 'em in stockings or buy a case!
mmmmm....


The ipod shuffle...For endurance sporty types, there is no substitute. I have a fancier nano now, but nothing compares to the ease of this lil guy. Clip n' go....

musical rainbow 


 Give the gift of a race! Sure, may be nice to jet off to Ironman Brazil, but you can always stay local and give the gift of a neighborhood race. Round here, the  San Diego Petco 5k9 is perfect for dog lovers or anyone looking to start the year off right. If you can't make it to San Diego, think about giving your favorite triathlete a "gift certificate" for a race registration (maybe in a tropical destination if you want to earn sherpa of the year!) If you do decide to do the Petco 5K9 on January 13th (I'll be there! Come!) Use the code DMGERDES when you register for $5 off. Nice way to kick off 2013.

Bustin' out the cobwebs in on 1/13/13


Oooh...I forgot one fave. I got this for my dad (also a cyclist) last year and I use one myself..The BC Speed Fold. Perfect for holding your phone and money and junk when you go riding so they don't get all sweaty. Because the Ziploc baggie is SO 2012

www.beakerconcepts.com

Happy shopping! And be creative! For me, the ultimate gift (besides that Cannondale EVO of course) would be a weekend adventure on bikes. Maybe pick a hotel in a cute town 80-90 miles away. Ride out there (FedEx a change of clothes to hotel desk), book a massage & dinner, then ride home the next day. Anyone else have any great ideas? 


2 comments:

Alison said...

Love the idea of a weekend adventure... now I know what I'm doing for Jason's next birthday!

TRAINlete said...

An informative with interesting article which helped me a lot.Really an outstanding job. .
thanks,
Private sports trainer
Basketball training lessons
sports training, Sports coach, Personal training