Wednesday, December 5, 2012

hibernation

Hard to believe it's been just 10 days since Ironman Cozumel ....I've quickly replaced this type of situation:
IM Cozumel- photo Jay Prasuhn .. yes that is a water bottle down my shirt



With this type of situation:


11am brunch with the girls.  Me + Kirsten and a Manmosa (Manmosa= big jar of champagne & OJ sidecar)


True to my word (to myself as I don't think I wrote words about it here), I haven't taken a swim stroke or step of running since the Ironman. I believe in a full two weeks off of anything you may need a mental or physical break from. Last year, I (involuntarily) took 12 weeks off running over the winter due to injury, and I actually think that the time off helped me rather than hurt me so I'm not scccrd of a lil time off the hoofs. I told myself I'd take a few weeks completely run-free after Cozumel to let my body recover from the 10 months of running 4-5 days per week it just did. Thank you, body!
Swimming, well, I may not physically require two weeks completely chlorine-free, but mentally, I know this is the best move for me.  I need to be ready to hit 2013 fully committed to my swim program and I know that the time off is now or never. I began to feel a touch burnt out these last couple of months on the swim front and I'm just looking to get that itch back. I've already had a couple "maybe I should go dunk n float for 30 minutes" moments, and then realized that...well, just NO.

Overall, I've been super happy just doing a bit of lifting, yoga and the occasional spin with friends as long as it ends at the coffee shop. I've been focusing on work (and there is a lot of it right now) and cherishing every morning I can sleep in until 6:30, because starting in a week or two, they will be few and far between again.

I hope everybody out there does something this time of year to treat their body good. Sure, it might result in an extra pound or two, but that's just insulation and motivation to dive in the cold pool at 6am or get on the bike when its 50 degrees out in January, right?

5 comments:

Katie said...

I am ROCKING some insulation right now. Cheers. :)

GoBigGreen said...

I told ya so:) i knew you would come back stronger. Enjoy the rest and happy holidays Beth!

MissFancyPants said...

Well deserved break! I too am enjoying my little break till Jan!

Tracey Locher said...

I'm really glad to hear that the pros take time off... and feel burn out, too. After 3 years of training without much of a break, I took the past 2 months off - with the exception of 2 bootcamps a week. I was feeling burnt out and not motivated and tired. I like the way you put it... you want to get the itch back... that is exactly how I have felt and it is coming back! Happy Hibernation!

ahmad naeem Bhatti said...


click here it courses


www.Itcourses-distancelearning.com
National institute is the largest leading chain of skill based hands-on line -training providers for Vast Rang of :-

v Air Line Ticketing,course
v Cabin Crew Air Hostess course
v Safety Officer/Engineer course
v Seo Search Engine Optimization course
v spoken English course
v Hotel management. course
v Call center training course
v Web Development course
v Technical Vocational courses
Training Courses Pakistan and All over the World. Its Educational Heritage Can Be Traced Since 2007. National Institute has always led the market by introducing latest market driven IT, linguistics and online Courses. National institute is a trusted name in the field of on line education and training having the largest chain of institutions in the on line worldwide. National institute has a large group of happy &satisfied students attaining successes in their future lives & prospects.

click here it courses
contact +092 03115191387
free call on internet sky pee--ID--- itcourses1
email us itcoursesdistancelearning@gmail.com