Sunday, February 24, 2013

In a week....


think on it
A lot can happen in a week. A full week's vacation from work gives me plenty of time to train, but also plenty of time to think, dream, and sit back and actually take in the lovely life around me. I've been so busy this past year just trying to stay afloat that sometimes I lost perspective and forgot to take in the good around me every day. This past week, I couldn't help but smile in just taking an observational eye into the life I get to lead. I don't know what the future holds for me, but for this week, I thoroughly just enjoyed being in my present. My now. It's not perfect. It's not "the end". But on the trail of my life....It's not the summit, it's not the switchbacky descent, nor the easy flowy singletrack...I think it's one of those foot bridges over a tiny stream. Connecting two parts of the trail. One of those spots where people stop and take a picture, or listen to their feet tap tap on the planks as they walk over. It's a nice spot. Eventually I'll move on, but for now, it's a nice spot.

here and now
In the past week....I watched the sunset in the desert, I laughed and reconnected with old friends, I swam in the noon sunshine, I made new friends, I climbed a big mountain on my bicycle, I listened to good music, I talked to my mom, I ran a half marathon and smiled the whole way, I ate 3 for a dollar Mexican pastries with some of my best friends in the middle of nowhere on a 100 mile ride, I ran alone on the beach at the lowest tide I've ever seen, I tried to cheer up a friend, I drank champagne & ate the best ice cream I've ever tasted, I painted my nails red, I signed up for some races, I tried to be a good listener, I sat outside and drank coffee, and I even took a nap or two.
low tide out my front door
celebrating life in Tucson
climbing a mountain on my bicycle
3 for a dollar! only in Mexico San Diego






p.s. If you're here for the training dish, thanks for entertaining this interlude. And for you.....Ironman Cabo training feels solid and strong. Long day in Mexico in less than 3 weeks.

7 comments:

Rachel Jahnke said...

Nice pick on th J Brut Rose'!

The Suffer Seeker said...

positive vibration.

sunnyrunning.com said...

like the metaphor.

sunshinekir said...

Love this girlie! xxoo

Jennifer Ward Barber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Ward Barber said...

I like being your friend.

JC said...

You ROCK! Nice "W" Chica!