Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ironman Los Cabos... Vamos!


Here we go... Ironman #8 for me...
One more sleep until we lay down 140.6 miles on the seas and streets of Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I've never raced an Ironman in March, but I'm ready to see where I'm at and I'm really excited to go for it. I think my bike fitness is on another level and I'm ready to test it on the hills out here. Driving the course yesterday, we found almost no flat sections and lots of long, not insignificant rollers...If you're a seasoned triathlete- think Queek K heading up to Kawaihae or the Las Vegas 70.3 course. The bike will be hard and hot. The run is flatter with a few little kickers. The swim is one big rectangle and I'm just hoping to make it safely to shore in about an hour...

So far, the "pre-race" has been perfect. Lots of good eating, good friends, and a little bit of the working out and getting prepped kind of stuff. But that's all done and I've had my feet up in my Zoot compression socks for the past 2 hours!
Tomorrow the male pros go off at 6:40am PST and the female pros start 3 minutes later at 6:43. You can follow along at ironman.com (they should be posting splits) and my friend jordan will be out on the course tweeting some live updates from @JordanblancoSF ..
swim catch up with the miss hillary biscay
Night 1 dinner locale with Jordan, Rich, Nic, Chris, & Pia at the epic organic Flora Farms
pre race chit chat with Jen who is doing her 2nd Ironman! 

mitch making sure my Slice is tight and ready. 
Until the finish line...Adios!

10 comments:

jaime vigaray said...

Wish you all the best at IM Los Cabos . Dale duro !!

ZOOTlab said...

All the best ZOOTer..Time to ROCK.

SixTwoThree said...

Give 'em hell! As my mom used to say in the sweetest June Cleever way!

thepumpkinsdiary said...

Get after it chica!!! Will be cheering for you :)

JC said...

Go get it chica

Soledad Knight said...

This can be a fantastic read for me personally, Must admit that you're one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thank you for writing this informative article.Compression socks running

Karthik Vallinayagam said...

You look terrific. Stay healthy. Cheers :)

Milady said...

Hello,

I have a question about your blog, could you please email me? Thanks!!

Melanie

ascencion rana said...

Triathlon wetsuits are one of the areas in which many serious competitors have found an edge, not to mention the advantages to competitors who may be new to the sport.
Compression socks

Stephen Ream said...

What is the ideal stiffness for the paint brush?