Wednesday, July 24, 2013

just around the Bend....

Yeah... probably a more appropriate title for this blog than "Bend over"...

I've made my way to Bend, Oregon and quickly fallen in lust with this happy little town in the high desert. People here spend their time floating down the river, hiking the never-ending trails, lounging in really good coffee shops on nearly every corner, riding up and over mountains, swimming in the Cascade lakes.....yeah, I smell what you're cookin', Bend. I'm a little bit into this place. 

I've also renewed some faith and confidence that my fitness may also be just around the Bend. Actually, I think it's been there, just hiding beneath some health issues that seem to be getting better by the day and I'm feeling 100% ready to crack back into training. So, add that to the list of things that are putting a smile on my face these days... 

I mean, how could you wipe it off here? 
Flying in to Oregon

mmmmmmm......

a gift... the Tree of Life necklace says "chop wood, carry water" a daily reminder of the job I'm here to do. Put in the work! 

cruising around town




Taking the Slice through the Cascade mountains

Watching my friend Jess in the Cascade Cycling Classic
Lots of fun coming up here... In addition to some training, I'm taking the Cannondale Women's 29er on an Xterra adventure and heading to some open water swim races in a new Zoot wetsuit... See you around the next Bend.... Until then, I'll be here...
.....chopping wood

4 comments:

Mon Amour said...

I've been hearing such great things about Bend lately. Definitely a place I want to visit!

What filter do you use on your pictures? The one on your bike is incredible!

David Jewell said...

Look up my good friend Richard Albrow. Super Skinny British trainer in town. He is always good for a laugh with good old Britsh wit. Also makes for the best training partner on the bike.

MissFancyPants said...

My aunt and uncle live in Bend - moved after Hawaii - retired ironman racers :) they live the dream and it's beautiful - make sure u hit up Deschutes brewery!!

Asia said...

Dear Beth,

You crack me up! "Bend over" would have been a totally acceptable blog title! ;) Enjoy your time there.