Saturday, September 7, 2013

Ironman #10 on tap tomorrow!

Race day for Ironman Wisconsin (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run) is tomorrow, Sunday September 8th. I am racer #42 (my lucky number!!!!) and this will be my 10th Ironman.
Professional men & women start at 6:50a.m. CST and the age groupers start at 7:00a.m. Competitors have until midnight (17 hours!) to cross the finish line at the State Capitol in Madison, WI. Last year, this race took me 9 hours and 38 minutes and we'll see how long it takes this year. It's looking to be a blustery day (17mph winds) with mild temperatures (high around 75 degrees) so it could be a fast or slow day depending on the wind direction!
the finish at the Capitol
Race week has been all about the pre-race rituals and it's nice to be back in Madison where I've already nailed down my go-to spots and workouts. I rode one loop of the "lollipop" portion of the course and was reminded about what a fun rollercoaster ride this bike ride is.
swoopity
I met friends for a couple of pre-race swims in Lake Monona and checked out water conditions and sighting points. The first day, the swim was like a washing machine, the second day, it was almost glassy. We will see what race day brings!

I spent quality time with my homestay, Joann, and we cooked some "must have" race week meals. 2 days out- always a big steak and a salad- pack in the Iron for Ironman.
beef
I also visited the "Silly Yak" bakery (probably a good thing I don't have this at home!) and stocked up on gluten free treats....I always go with gluten free cinnamon raisin toast for race day breakfast and this bread is the best I've ever had!


gluten free goodness!


 Apparently Ironman's not the only gig in Madison this weekend (how dare they?!?) ..It took me forever to get downtown today as everyone and their mother started tailgating at 7am for the Badgers U of W football game. They love some football around here!


Ok, that's about all I got now...See you tomorrow after the race!
B

6 comments:

JC said...

Goooooo Beth. Have a fantastic and fast day out there tomorrow.

Beth said...

Hoping for some race day magic for you! You can take the big prize!!!

Mon Amour said...

Good luck Beth! You are ready for this now go kick some ass out there!

magnifictraining said...


Hello Webmaster. I truly just like your article and the web site all in all! The piece of writing is actually very plainly written and without difficulty understandable. Your current Blog style is amazing as well! Would definitely be awesome to learn exactly where I can get that. If possible maintain up the excellent job. We all need much more these website owners such as you on the web and also much less spammers. Fantastic man!
Dynamics crm training

magnifictraining said...

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It?s the old what goes around comes around routine. Did you acquired lots of links and I see lots of trackbacks??
Dynamics AX training

magnifictraining said...

Hello Webmaster. I truly just like your article and the web site all in all! The piece of writing is actually very plainly written and without difficulty understandable. Your current Blog style is amazing as well! Would definitely be awesome to learn exactly where I can get that. If possible maintain up the excellent job. We all need much more these website owners such as you on the web and also much less spammers. Fantastic man!
Latest jobs